Sr. Specialist, Safety and Physical Security Programs at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for an experienced Sr. Specialist, Safety and Physical Security Programs to join our growing global employee safety and physical security team. This person will play a critical role in keeping all Affirmers safe and secure; wherever they are. You’ll work directly with the Head of Employee Safety and Physical Security, and all cross-functional teams, to support employee safety and physical security operations across the globe. The ideal candidate will be passionate about protecting our most important asset; our people.
What you’ll do:
- Build and lead Affirm’s global travel safety and security program.
- Propose, develop, implement, and coordinate policies, procedures, and activities that support the safety and well-being of all Affirm employees; anywhere and everywhere they are
- Actively monitor multiple intelligence sources to identify risks and threats to employees, assets, and executives.
- Deliver reports, briefings, and presentations on research findings and provide the necessary recommendations.
- Engage in training and outreach to all Affirmers about personal safety and security while travelling domestically and abroad.
- Identify risks & threats and inform key stakeholders of the threat and the recommended actions for mitigation.
- Conduct, and assist, with risk assessments in advance of major company events, employee and executive travel, and in support of major business decisions.
- Identify trends amongst known risks and threats to Affirmers; including business travel to high risk locations.
- Identify and implement technology solutions to improve and enhance policies, programs, and processes.
- Provide global emergency support and resources in the case of a health or safety emergency or other critical incident.
- Build strategic partnerships with domestic and international law enforcement agencies and government entities
- Travel up to 50% of the time to locations domestically and internationally
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in a combination of corporate security, employee safety, travel security, employee protection, and intelligence gathering and analysis. Ideally this experience would be in a fast paced global technology, or finance, environment spent: developing security and safety programs, incident response plans, crisis management plans, emergency preparedness programs, and doing project management.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, protective intelligence technology platforms and software solutions.
- Knowledge of enterprise physical security risk management principles. How to conduct physical security risk assessments and the implementation of mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, employee and executive protection programs
- Experience building, developing, managing, or working with a centralized security operations center is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency in English. Ability to speak additional languages is a plus.
- ASIS membership and CPP/PSP/APP certification preferred
- Professional degree in a related field preferred
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.