Sr Project Manager (Payments PMO) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Sr Project manager (Payments PMO) role will be responsible for cross-functional, cross-divisional programs of significant magnitude and complexity within Network Authorization. He/she will need to understand processes and synthesize Network Authorization program outputs into executive-level presentations, updates, risks, mitigations, and business recommendations. He/she will collaborate with business and technology teams to develop the end to end approach and evaluation of projects/programs.
*This role must be located in Riverwoods (IL), New Albany (OH), Phoenix (AZ), or Houston (TX).
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for planning and overseeing product initiatives from inception to implementation while ensuring necessary functionality and flexibility aligned with the company's long term objectives.
- Orchestrates workflows across teams and complex portfolios in a matrixed operating model.
- Partners with product and platform leads to develop the business case, scope the work, and ensure alignment on vision and strategy.
How You’ll Do It
- Organizes and enables collaboration and partnership across cross-functional teams, with internal and external partners, executes on architecture & product driven initiatives.
- Drives or assists in communications on strategic initiatives to help drive consensus, achieve clarity and solve business problems. Provide oversight & process guidance for activities.
- Facilitate and drive decisions from key stakeholders around financials, scope, risks and dependencies.
- Partner with product leads and platform leads to develop the business case and ensure alignment on vision and strategy
- Provides leadership and guidance’s to teams/business units where there is no clear organizational ownership yet defined or where products/technology is not yet institutionalized or adopted.
- Drives or assists research and/or brainstorming sessions; helps promote a culture of innovation within the department. Translates ideas and concepts into executable projects.
- Mentors and assists more junior team members
- Provides dedicated support for Network Authorization program by facilitating the relevant PMO Governance intake (LPM) process, business case and timeline development, managing progress to milestones, and refining benefits assumptions as necessary.
- Manages prioritization and reporting of activities within the Network Authorization program. Produces required program reports for management and stakeholders.
- Produces solution level metrics for Network Authorizations programs.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or related field
- 6+ years of experience with Project Management, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience with Project Management, or related experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- SAFe certification
- Practical knowledge of Agile methodology
- Proven history of managing Business/Technology large initiatives
- Servant leadership, time management, facilitation, presentation and organizational skills
- Previous stakeholder management experience/skills
- Working knowledge of Payments Services, JIRA, MS Office, MIRO, Tableau, SharePoint, Blue works
- Working knowledge of change management principles processes
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.