Sr. Project Manager, Information Security Awareness at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
Within GIS, the Information Security Awareness & Training team collaborates with other TWDC communication teams to provide information security education and training material to employees across the globe, and conducts exercises to enhance the security awareness skills of cast members. Videos, blogs, online tutorials, live presentations and other mechanisms are used to train TWDC employees on the latest and greatest in information security.
While TWDC implements best-in-class technical solutions to prevent intrusions, the human element is a critical part of the cyber risk as the human focused attacks are on the rise. The goal of the GIS Security Awareness Program is to promote a culture of information security throughout TWDC in order to drive change in user behavior and reduce TWDC exposure to breaches/attacks, in other words, reduce the human risk. Training and education is a key component of the GIS Security Awareness Program and fulfills legal and compliance requirements.
This Sr. Project Manager, Information Security Awareness position exists to ensure that:
- Awareness & Training program meets all industry regulations, standards and compliance requirements.
- Educational content is up-to-date and reflects the latest cyber threats and/or industry practices
- Individuals/roles requiring additional or more specialized training are identified and receive appropriate training
- Training effectiveness is consistently measured through a solid set of metrics
This individual is overall responsible for Information Security Awareness Communications & Training Projects at The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). Responsibilities include working with the information security team to identify key human risks, partnering with and building support with different business units and stakeholders, clearly and effectively explaining security risks and behaviors, tracking the impact of the training and communicating that impact to leadership.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Information Security Administration and supports the Global Information Security/Enterprise Technology organization.
- Design, development and delivery of communications for the Information Security & Technology Risk Management teams, ranging from end user communications to company wide campagins.
- Promote a culture of information security awareness throughout TWDC to reduce end user susceptibility to cyber attacks through training and communications.
- Manage the development of Information Security computer-based training products from idea generation and research through final copyediting and publication.
- The vision is to maintain a strong culture of cybersecurity awareness across all of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) through continued maturation of the training and communication plan and deliverables and metric-driven reporting illustrating its effectiveness and efficiency.
- Information security awareness communication initiatives across TWDC to promote cybersecurity best practices
- Build trusted and effective relationships with stakeholders and partners: Information Security team, Privacy/Legal, Physical Security, Corp. Learning & Development, Corporate and Segment Communications, etc.
- Coordinate Security Awareness initiatives during Cyber Security Awareness Month and throughout the year (Live events, blog posts, newsletters, etc.)
- Design clear and compelling diagrams, charts, and related graphics that illustrate complex security concepts and technologies to be used in materials supporting the training strategy.
- Maintain the existing Information Security educational content up-to-date and fresh across all platforms
- Provide regular reporting on training enrollment and completion.
- Monitor information security industry news and blog posts for internal educational opportunities
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years professional experience in a corporate environment
- 2+ years Project Management experience in Information Security
- 2+ years of Technical Writing skills
- Ability to communicate and market complex messages in a simple, clear and engaging manner within our organization
- "Go-getter" attitude - Ability to take the initiative, reach out to and coordinate with different people in different departments.
- Excellent relationship-building and influencing skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong planning, scheduling, organization, and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility
- Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint presentation/slides
- Basic understanding of information security principles
- Experience with Cyber Security Communications
- 4+ years experience writing and designing information security educational material for employee and customer
- Corporate Events Production a plus
Required Education :
- BA/BS in Technology, communications or appropriate work experience
Preferred Education :
- Security Certifications and understanding of technical security processes
Additional Information :