At Atlassian we believe in the power of teamwork. Do you thrive on making high performing software development teams hum? Do you have experience driving a powerful operational strategy, and a knack for keeping busy leaders accountable and productive? Then this read on - this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Atlassian is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead a team of program managers to deliver highly complex, cross-functional R&D programs within Trello and our mission to unleash the potential of all business teams.
This role Sr. Program Manager will be delivering multi-faceted programs, working through ambiguity to bring the strategy to life, flush out important company-level decisions, and influence cross-org stakeholders. They will lead their cross-functional team and provide program level basics - including program roadmaps, collaboration mechanisms, reporting and information flow, and risk management. The "senior" in Senior Program Manager means they are thinking about system wide improvements to the way we work, and influencing beyond their program.
More About Programs and Practices
The craft of program management | Atlassian
The program managers and coaches that make up Atlassian's Programs & Practices team draw from a mixture of disciplines-but all of them are change agents, curating and communicating the practices that inspire and guide our best work.
The role of the team may be complex, but their influence is clear and threefold: First, PgMs lead strategic planning for teams across Atlassian, bringing programs to completion and driving results. Second, PgMs bring their experiences back to the group and partner with the Practices folks to collectively hone the craft- and define the way work gets done across the whole company. Third, all of this knowledge makes its way into Atlassian's products, ultimately transforming work for our customers around the world.
More About Trello
This team of ~150 is distributed across North America and has been a remote-first team since before it was cool. Trello is an ambitious product team that's laser focused on their customers, as evidenced in their great customer satisfaction feedback scores. This team will drive a new way of working into business teams with it's easy to use, flexible tool - truly unleashing the power of many, many types of teams by enhancing how they work together.
In this role, you'll be:
- Craft expert: You'll be contributing to our program craft best practices, defining and leading transformation in how we work across Atlassian.
- Delivery: Drive end-to-end execution across multiple teams working on key programs, and ensuring all dependencies are managed, and establish ways of working with teams across Atlassian.
- Planner: As a program management team, you'll play an important role in planning activities for the Trello. You will help your programs define the strategy, develop OKRs, and break them down into trackable work streams (projects or initiatives, roadmap) to deliver. Work through capacity estimates and headcount requirements - working closely with engineering leadership to confirm we can deliver.
- Communicator: contribute and drive high level reporting including clear communications on priorities. Establish dashboards and easy access to important information to enable decision making. Know how to drive decisions and cleanly escalate and create clarity.
On your first day, we'd love for you to have:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in product / software development
- True self-motivation with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role.
- Drive to turn the chaos rapidly to clarity and then communicate it clearly.
- A bias for action, constantly striving to get things done.
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one's own assumptions.
- A real people person. Someone who can communicate well with stakeholders from all across the business at many different levels, and enjoy it!
- Ability to communicate for impact at all levels, and a passion for collaboration and working through influence
- Ability to establish and nurture a diverse and high performing cross-functional leadership team and build strong stakeholder relationships
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises, and help set priorities appropriately amongst stakeholders and team members across product, engineering and design
- Experience in diagnosing paint points for teams, moving them to good and going the extra mile to ensure they are great -- you value a smooth operation.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Understanding of the general business metrics and drivers of a software product navigating a competitive market
- Knowledge and experience in implementing the Atlassian toolset
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays), and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .