Do you have a passion for building platforms and helping teams to innovate as they complete programs that are vital to the success of the company? Are you energized by working in a highly dynamic environment? Are you an expert in Supply Chain management or are you looking forward to diving in and learning more about how to deliver faster and more cost-effectively? If this sounds great to you, you may be the Technical Project Manager (TPM) that will work with our Product and engineering teams to create and maintain the systems that will help drive our business.
The Senior Technical Program Manager partners with business and technology stakeholders to develop, design, build and launch technology solutions. The Senior Technical Program Manager also works with the core leadership team to create and maintain a product delivery roadmap. The Sr Technical Program Manager needs an agile mentality to work with our cross-functional teams and vendors. This individual will dig in and work with technical and business teams to drive innovation and performance as we evolve our Supply Chain Tech systems to meet the future needs of the company.
- Manage programs of high impact, risk, complexity while building and executing integrated plans across multiple teams
- Collaborates with Product, the business and other technology teams across the organization to identify and prioritize solutions and build a roadmap that can be delivered
- Manage risks, assumptions, dependencies (classic program/project stuff)
- Works with engineering manager and engineering teams to ensure speed and quality of delivery, manage resource planning and a large team budget, accurately forecasting 6 months ahead and explaining variances
- Converts business and functional requirements into use cases/stories are well written and actionable so that the devs on the team have the info they need to be productive
- Identifies and produces valuable analytics for improved performance and business decisions
- Improve processes, eliminate red tape and be on the lookout for ways to get software into production faster, while maintaining high quality
This is not an all-inclusive list and you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships
- Experience with large scale enterprise software/services
- Possess strong level knowledge of technology (e.g. Cloud, APIs, services, Windows stack, open-source, database technologies, etc.)
- Experience drafting technical requirements
- A 4-year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Masters degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional experience delivering solutions built on AWS
- Agile, lean, and Kanban delivery process experience
- Experience supporting retail systems
- Supply Chain experience
- Logistics/Reverse Logistics
- Data Driven/Analytical skills
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.