We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the team: The Instacart Next Gen Operations team is seeking a Sr. Program Manager, Inventory. You’ll be joining a team that owns innovation in operations and works cross-functionally to bring new fulfillment solutions to market. The Ops team is charged with creating step change improvements in growth, customer experience, profitability, and shopper experience as we solve for the challenges of tomorrow across our multiple operating models.
Highlights: Be the founding leader of the Inventory Management team overseeing our innovative fulfillment solutions. You will drive the development of our inventory strategy and execution as we build Instacart’s new fulfillment solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop the assortment and inventory management strategy within two new business lines and work with cross-functional partners to meet top and bottom-line targets
- Build new tooling, develop process-enabling reporting, and debug existing analysis
- Coordinate between retailers and local operational stakeholders on central process changes & local pain points
- Meet regularly with our Facility Managers to align on progress against goals and go-forward plans across the region's sites
- Help execute our local product assortment and merchandising strategy, as required
- Minimize food waste and shrink associated with fulfillment strategies
- Develop a vision and build a team to support continuous improvement as we scale
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; MBA in a relevant field is a bonus
- 6+ years of merchandising experience (ecommerce and/or grocery preferred)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Required: Proficiency with Excel / Google Sheets
- Preferred: Fluency with Project Management tools such as Jira; SQL
- Track record of success navigating and influencing stakeholders across complex matrix organizations
- Strong business acumen and ability to creatively solve operational problems
- Clear communication skills and executive presence
- Travel will be required (approximately 10-25% of the time).
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.