As a Sr. FC Program Manager, you will be focused on new Fulfillment Center Technical System projects, supporting tier one support to FCs, as well as continuing enhancement of Fulfillment Centers for the largest and fastest growing online pet retailer in the US. You should have deep functional understanding of warehouse operations and warehouse management systems. You will need to be able to bridge process with system design. This role will also flex into industrial engineering projects, racking projects, automation projects, and network capacity efforts as we continue to scale the business.
Our Sr. FC Program Manager will plan, coordinate, and direct internal teams to accomplish projects that move FC operations forward. This individual will be able to work under aggressive timelines and cultivate high impact projects in addition to those defined by the business to accelerate our growth. The project manager will be able to partner with FC Operations teams and technical teams and bridge gaps between the processes. They are executors who both execute and define standard work, they are prone to action, and can prioritize getting the right things done that make an impact. They will be able to define scope of work and project timelines and avoid scope creep ensuring completion on time and within budget. This individual is also a central point of communication to all stakeholders and an extremely effective communicator; highly organized with an understanding of all aspects of a project with solid project management skills.
What You'll Do:
- Able to develop Project opportunities and work with operations to define need and potential return on investment.
- Ability to understand and become a subject matter expert on the warehouse management system and drive projects within a high technical area to improve the integration of system and process.
- Ability to leverage DMAIC and LEAN methodologies to assess gaps in our processes caused by WMS systems.
- Oversee all aspects of the WMS launch plan and setup for new FCs assigned. They will be in charge of the virtual build of our fulfillment centers.
- Prepares, publishes, distributes and maintains a project schedule with milestones for all cross-functional stakeholders
- Manage physical infrastructure projects such as capacity and racking projects, cart design, employee productivity efforts, and warehouse design.
- Monitors project progress, incorporates resolutions to potential project delays and communicates project status to leadership on a timely basis
- Ensures smooth and consistent communication and exchanges of data between operations and internal stakeholders
- Prepares a concise and thorough commissioning plan and acceptance testing, managing commissioning activities of vendors and ensures operations acceptance.
- Oversees UAT testing and rollout of new software to sites of responsibility.
- Develops scoping documents and project proposals.
- Oversees and executes the SME program running bi-weekly conference calls and working with FC Operations contacts to improve and improve communication flow between WMS and the FCs.
- Ability to flex into industrial engineering projects as required.
- Will run Six Sigma or LEAN projects as needed, or employee these disciplines within project development and oversight.
- Monitors fulfillment of contract requirements to ensure quality and timeliness of services/deliverables
- Develop metrics and reporting systems as required to facilitate process health and improvements.
- Travel as a project manager is required and depending on the current project assignment(s) could range from 0%-30%.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other Engineering discipline.
- 7+ years technical experience with project management
- 5+ years’ experience functional experience in implementing process changes and managing large complex projects.
- Must have experience and knowledge of warehouse operations and warehouse management systems.
- Strong analytics and communications background (e.g., math, statistics, quantitative methods, and verbal and writing proficiency)
- DMAIC or LEAN experience and history of running projects that leverage these methodologies.
- Comprehensive computer application skills – Office, Project, CAD, SQL, Tableau
- Cross functional team management experience
- Perform business requirements analysis and design
- Act as the primary liaison between operations leadership and WMS software teams
- Perform gap analysis between physical processes and future operations needs and the have the ability to vet project requests and prioritize them accordingly
- Build structured prioritization and change management processes.
- Identify and recommend operations improvement opportunities to meet ever increasing business requirements
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]