We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Instacart Operations team is seeking a Sr. Program Manager, Delivery Operations for the Operations team.
About the team: You’ll be joining a team that owns innovation in operations and works cross-functionally to bring new fulfillment solutions to the market. The Ops team is charged with creating step-change improvements in growth, customer experience, profitability, and shopper experience as we solve the challenges of tomorrow across our multiple operating models.
Highlights: Drive innovation in Instacart’s delivery operations. Identify improvement opportunities, ideate solutions, and then work cross-functionally to test, measure, refine, and scale as you help build the future of fulfillment at Instacart.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Drive innovation in Instacart’s delivery operations by leading and supporting cross-functional efforts in service of top company goals
- Deeply understand the levers and metrics that matter most to Instacart’s success. Use data to identify, size, prioritize, and champions the opportunities that matter most
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Business Development, Legal, and more to productize and scale winning innovations
- Build relationships with partners and vendors who can accelerate transformation in Instacart’s fulfillment
- Serve as a thought leader in last mile delivery. Build expertise in industry trends and ensure Instacart remains on the cutting edge of logistics technology and processes
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work in experience in a relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, logistics or supply chain operations, finance, or data-driven project management
- Experienced in G Suite, MS Office; Proficiency in SQL strongly preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize: You can take a list of needs, use metrics and judgement to assess the return, and prioritize for action
- Sense of ownership and attention to detail: Own your projects end-to-end with limited oversight
- Comfort working across functions: You understand the needs and workflows of product and technical teams and partner closely to achieve a shared vision
- Fluency in data and analytics: You can dig into a dashboard or report to mine insights and build a roadmap. Your experiments produce results that build organizational conviction
- Drive to improve and innovate: You’re never satisfied with the status quo and have experience problem-solving both in real-time and with a team in front of a white-board
- Versatile and comfortable with ambiguity. You are excited and capable switching between subject areas and willing to flex into the evolving needs of the business
- Travel may be required (<25%)
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.