Sr. Events Program Manager at Addepar
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
- Addepar's Employee Experience Team seeks an accomplished Senior Events Program Manager to be both a creator of events and event strategy and an executor of events that are exceptionally compelling experiences in person, virtually, in the US or globally. This individual contributor role will not only support Addepar broadly but also business units such as our R&D and Go To Market functions. It's a role that allows you to have an incredible impact by enhancing our employee value proposition and positively representing our brand externally. If you love variety and enjoy being strategic and rolling up your sleeves to execute, this could be a great opportunity for you.
What You'll Do
- Partner within the People and Workplace Teams and across the business functions to set success outcomes and metrics for events and event partnerships
- Collaborate with other functions such as R&D and Go To Market on events for quarterly reviews, sales kickoffs, onsite team events, etc. and execute on all event-related deliverables
- Develop and manage the end-to-end event process, including project management, production timelines, and standards
- Oversee event logistics, including identifying event space, negotiating with vendors, staffing from food and beverage to A/V technology, working with internal and external teams, and more
- Serve as a liaison between our event project teams and the NY building staff on event-related matters
- Create internal communications for events including event briefs, internal event updates, project plans, pre- and post-event reviews, and manage coordination with all partners
- Optimize the attendee experience, whether in-person or virtual, for a wide range of potential audiences such as candidates, employees, clients, and prospects
- Measure and report on the results of events, taking a data-driven view to refining programs and resource usage over time
Who You Are
- 9+ years of progressive event management experience, specifically for large scale, global events, preferably at a high-growth technology or finance company
- Bachelor's degree, CMP or CSEP a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines while leading multiple projects through effective project management and change management skills
- Consistent record of forecasting, managing, and delivering to budget and to specification
- Excellent writing, storytelling, and presentation skills
- Ability to connect with a variety of audiences from individual contributors to executives, from technical to non-technical employees
- A solid record of building collaboratively with cross-functional teams, a plus if able to mentor and guide other members of internal teams
- Willingness and ability to travel in a post-Covid-19 environment (up to 20%) to support in-person events as needed
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.