Sr. Digital Project Manager at MERGE (Remote)
Merge Storytelling and Technology
We MERGE storytelling and technology to promote health, wealth and happiness in the world. We help marketing and technology executives engage hearts and connect parts by offering full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, performance marketing, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our health clients are literally on the front lines saving lives. Our wealth clients are changing the financial potential in people's lives. And our consumer clients make lives...a little bit happier every day.
Partner with Clients of Iconic Brands
MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Facebook, Adobe, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The North Face, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Astellas, Seqirus, Supernus, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Indiana University Health and Marco’s Pizza to name a few.
Work with Poets and PHD’s
With 750+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Montreal and New York City, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that connects our poets and PHD’s which enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where people with ability, agility and humility can grow and do the best work of their careers.
As our, Senior Digital Project Manager , you will…
Be Accountable and Responsible
The Digital Project Manager will manage and deliver our projects within quality standards as well as time and budget requirements. Ultimately, this role proves to be essential to the success of any digital project.
- Be the hub on digital projects. The digital PM owns the management of all aspects of the project including management of estimates, scopes, timelines, team communication, budget and team resourcing.
- Lead a range of engagement types that span research and UX strategy, design and development. Projects may involve design and development of custom applications and/or enterprise marketing technology platforms (e.g. Sitecore, Adobe, Salesforce and others)
- Lead the MERGE team by bringing organization and structure to the delivery approach, plan and meeting execution.
- Identify project risks, issues and needs and know when to loop in the appropriate team members from various disciplines - client services, strategy, experience design, digital design, business analysis, technology, QA
- Partner with Client Services to proactively monitor and manage project scope (e.g. deliverables, priorities, timeline, hours, etc.) Escalate risks, issues and concerns promptly to as to allow for proactive mitigation.
- Partner with Client Services to manage client communications, reviews, and feedback
- Be a strong facilitator in planning and leading regular project scrums and project working sessions
- Partner with resource management team to coordinate team resources and task assignment based on deliverables and project plan
- Assist with contingency planning, problem resolution, and recommend solutions to maintain schedules, budgets, and quality deliverables
- Manage approved staff plans based on scope
- Present project parameters and checkpoints to set client expectations for assigned projects and programs ensuring timely delivery of quality deliverables
- Deliver detailed progress reports, financials and forecasts on assigned digital projects to internal team and Client Service as requested
- Tracking changes in scope, actual hours against a project plan, and making appropriate changes to deliver projects and programs on time and on budget
- Keep Department Director aware of progress – raising concerns as quickly as possible
Leadership & Communication
- Ability to plan and facilitate effective meetings
- Ability to facilitate project estimation and planning, collaborating with key discipline leads for input
- Ability to facilitate and manage personalities
- Ability to collaborate and build teamwork and manage conflict
- Confronts issues openly and quickly
- Effectively communicates relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers across all departments
- Shows ownership of agency process and enforces use of process with team
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities
- Works across departments to share lessons learned and best practices
- Continually seeks internal efficiencies to increase client satisfaction and help deepen client relationships
- Easily recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for Implementation.
These are the qualifications we’re looking for
- At least 8 years of experience working in the development of large-scale websites, microsites, landing pages, platforms with strong understanding of the development lifecycle
- Experience using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- An understanding of the marketing technology platforms (e.g. content management systems, digital experience platforms) as well as custom application development
- Experience managing multi-tier software development projects is a big plus.
- Strong Project Management skills - ability to monitor and report on project status, budgets, schedules, and resource management
- Understanding of user experience and web design best practices
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Mastering our craft
- Delivering with a growth mindset
- Collaborating for shared success
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!