Sr. Associate, Project Management - Emerging Merchant Businesses (Washington DC)
Sr. Associate, Project Management - Emerging Merchant Businesses
The Chief of Staff team for the Emerging Merchant Businesses (EMB) has the exciting opportunity to create the culture of our newly formed team to most effectively drive innovation in everything that we do. We're on a mission to remove the barriers to getting work done and empower associates at every level to do the best work of their lives.
We are seeking a team-oriented project manager with exceptional program management skills. The individual in this role will successfully deliver EMB's associate experience roadmap. We're seeking someone highly organized, with proven ability to contribute to and support strategic plans, establish operational excellence, keep a pulse on healthy morale and connectedness, and ensure key business priorities are successfully planned and executed.
- Coordinate and execute project management activities for a variety of cyclical internal recognition programs
- Support the department Culture and Engagement lead with All Associate Survey action plans, department events, and community connection points
- Contribute to the delivery of well-managed department events by leading assigned projects and supporting execution across all workstreams
- Collaborate closely with the Chief of Staff, Communications, HR, Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging, and Return to Office team members and other stakeholders to drive progress toward event/project goals and delivery
- Oversight of associate experience vendors and support team (after the return to the office); Post-event management to include managing payment, conducting post-event surveys and recap meetings
- Implement cultural norms; act as the voice of the associate
- Leverage skills to engage in ad hoc projects as needed
- Outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Strong critical thinking and excellent problem solving skills with the ability to pivot in real time and provide clear recommendations in an ever-changing environment
- A proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work
- Strong attention to detail, combined with the ability to see and explain the big picture
- Highly motivated - willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, even in situations where the work is outside of the scope of your respective role
- Organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Strong consulting and collaboration skills
- Ability to consistently balance leadership expectations and associate needs
- A growth mindset and curious nature to ask, "what if..."
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience with Microsoft Office or G Suite
- At least 2 years of experience in Business Process Management, Project Management, Relationship Management, Events Management, or a Communications role
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 3+ years of experience in Business Process Management, Project Management, Relationship Management, Events Management or a Communications role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).