Specialist - Project Controls Schedule at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Specialist - Project Controls Schedule
Lead the Project Controls scheduling effort performing scheduling functions on aerospace and defense programs. Responsible for leading program planning and baseline development, resource loading of the schedule, baseline management and control, and with schedule status, analysis and reporting.
What You'll Do:
- Program Planning:
- Recognized as expert in Project Controls with responsibility for interfacing with customer and industry experts.
- Implement company policies/procedures related to Project Controls.
- Review customer contract and statement-of-work requirements and develop plan to meet requirements. Communicate plan to program team.
- Implement EIA 748 Guidelines and CPR/IMS/IPMR DID Requirements as applicable.
- Create a schedule management plan to develop the schedule and document schedule assumptions and constraints.
- Lead the program team in the development of the program IMS
- Implement program baseline to meet the Earned Value Management System Description requirements
- Lead the program team efforts toward development of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Support development of programmatic opportunities/risks and their mitigation strategies. Provide inputs to risk manager.
- Resource Load Schedule:
- Experience with resource loading a schedule using Microsoft Project 2010 or greater
- Resource load schedules for baseline development and ongoing ETC inputs
- Work with Control Account Manager to ensure resources are not over-allocated
- Provide resource reports as required
- Baseline/Schedule Development and Maintenance:
- Assist program team in development of CWBS, CWBS Dictionary, CWBS Index, OBS and RAM
- Assist CAMs/IPTs with Control Account planning and development for cost and schedule.
- Cross-reference the schedule with the SOW, WBS, OBS, and product structure.
- Determine tasks on critical path seem appropriate from a technical and risk standpoint.
- Determine if schedule provides relevant and current status and forecast of completion dates for all authorized work and are aligned in the cost system.
- Run integrated cost/schedule risk analysis tool for margin determinations and take any necessary corrective actions based on the results.
- Incorporate changes into the baselines as required following change process.
- Provide comprehensive schedule analysis.
- Subcontract and material baseline development, maintenance and analysis.
- Lead IBR preparation and execution.
- Participate in JSR's as required.
- Support EAC development and analysis.
- Support Cost Analysts with funds reporting and analysis, fee accrual probability analysis, and rate analysis.
- Coordinate recovery planning, as needed.
- Support sales forecast development.
- Mentor junior-level administrators/analysts when assigned to the same program.
- Ensure that proposals and programs are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with Ball Aerospace best practices.
- Responsible for the business aspects of proposals and programs.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of new or updated Ball Aerospace policies and procedures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS in a related field plus 10 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience using Microsoft Project 2010 or greater.
- Experience resource loading schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.