Special Projects Associate - Europe at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop and implement processes to drive more efficient execution across EU operations
- Oversee large scale international projects that are highly complex & cross functional in nature
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution for international initiatives & product launches
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by our stakeholders
- Manage milestone mapping, prioritization and communication to facilitate project collaboration & executive readouts
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks.
- Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Enjoys solving complex and difficult problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Strategic alignment, able to bring key stakeholders across functions together
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- Exceptional project, incident, problem management and organizational skills
- Strong collaboration skills to drive business requirements
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
- Experience working in regulated financial services
- Experience working across global time zones
Nice to haves:
- Deep subject matter expertise and experience in crypto and international expansion projects
- Experience with product, regulatory and Compliance requirements
- Advanced experience in project management (include a relevant project management qualification), analytics or quality assurance
- Advanced degree in business, finance or management
- Fluency in two or more European languages
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA
- Basic knowledge of SQL
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.