The future, as we see it, has millions of devices connected to the internet — everything from citywide bike sharing systems to smarter heart monitors to internet-connected eggs to catch sea turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet — via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories. The future is connected, and we are connecting it.
More than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world. It's a different kind of customer challenge, and we're committed to building the best Solutions and Support to deliver value to our customers.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for helping customers succeed with Hologram by ensuring their deployments get connected and stay connected. You will be our customers’ Hologram technical lead and subject matter expert on Hologram, cellular connectivity, and the Internet of Things. This role is focused on supporting our customers post-sales from onboarding to full-fleet deployment.
What you'll do
- Work hand-in-hand with customers to scope, diagnose, debug, and resolve technical challenges encountered during and post-deployment
- Understand our customers’ wide array of use cases and their technical and business requirements to deliver Hologram solutions
- Be the technical point-person and keep customers happy
- Work closely with the Head of Solutions to craft our team strategies and best practices
- Collaborate across departments to help decide what new products and features we need to offer for our customers
- 2+ years in a customer-facing technical role like technical support engineer, production support engineer, or technology consultant
- Experience with an embedded system, scripting languages (Ruby or Python), SQL, or using REST APIs
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have developed and built connected IoT products in the past (hobby projects count!)
- You love to help customers in need and will go the extra mile to ensure Hologram delivers phenomenal experiences at every touch point
- You have a proven history of quickly mastering new technologies and technical concepts
- You take broad goals and turn them into specific plans, work through obstacles, and make good decisions along the way
- You move fast to care for customer needs and solve bigger problems
- You're eager to continue to learn and grow, at any stage of your career
Hologram is a fun, fast-paced, and remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary range for this role is $99,000-$129,000 for an average cost of living city. (For candidates in the highest cost-of-living cities like San Francisco and New York, compensation rises to better meet your costs.)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% coverage of your medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (and 80% for your family members!)
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Unlimited books, e-books, and audiobooks for continuous learning
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.What to expect in the interview process:
- 30-minute phone interview
- 5-6 Zoom interviews with members of our team
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.