Solutions Engineer at Takeoff Technologies, Inc.
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:37 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 16, 2021
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 250 person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply for the opening. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to the table at Takeoff!
We're taking Takeoff Technologies to the next level and looking for a Solutions Engineer / Technical Account Manager that likes to move fast, thrives on solving difficult problems and loves working with people! This person will own the overall technical relationship for a strategic client and provides crucial connections between the Takeoff product and engineering teams and those of the Client.
Please note that this is not a sales & commision role. Although the client facing & account management aspect is important, we need a technical minded problem solver who has experience in the software, hardware or automation space, preferably in an engineering type role.
Interested in what a day in the life might look like? Hear from our very own Justin Lu:
"The TAM role at Takeoff plays an integral role in building client trust and adoption to our program offerings. We enable this by bridging the gap between business and tech teams in order to build an industry-leading and best-in-class MFC solution. You will enjoy this role if you enjoy solving complex problems, building relationships with key-stakeholders, and using data to drive big decisions. Everyday presents a different challenge and it will require you to wear multiple hats, but I can promise you it will be rewarding."
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Build and develop strategic client relationships
- Be the primary technical point of contact for the client, working with stakeholders at multiple levels, focusing on the technical leadership teams of our customers
- Track and report on development, deployment, and ongoing SDLC schedules. Facilitate tight feedback loops to Product teams to ensure priorities are clearly reflected in well-groomed backlogs
- Assist site leaders and Takeoff’s global technical support team in researching, diagnosis, and resolution of complex technical issues, and be a conduit of feedback to client management and executive team
- Participate in root cause analysis documentation for high severity issues and build trust with our customers by ensuring Takeoff continues to follow a process of continuous improvement
- Analyze customers' needs and work with the operations and account management teams to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Identify solutions to reduce support costs
- Work cross-functionally with our world-class Engineering, Business Development, Product, and Operations teams.
The experience that you will bring to the table:
- Polished communication skills and confidence on the phone as you will be working directly with retail partners and internal stakeholders
- A mix of analytical, technical, and operational: pulling, sanitizing, and analyzing data
- Experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project management experience
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting and representing technology at QBRs and other partner meetings
- Experience designing and implementing process improvement projects from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment
- Analytical skill set, comfortable manipulating large data sets and an understanding of databases and data integrity principles
- Strong sense of ownership in your work
The reasons you will love working at Takeoff(to name a few!):
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Top salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Some of the ways we are addressing Covid-19:
While Covid-19 has posed it’s fair share of challenges, we have tackled these head on, while continuing to ensure that the health and safety of our employees and clients remain top priorities. We certainly believe that building a successful company starts with the people, and while the chance to meet and collaborate face to face in an office setting is vital to our growth and company culture, the health and safety of the Takeoff team is the most important right now. To that end, we are embracing a "work wherever" policy, however please note that this position will be supporting west coast clients so we will need this person to be based in CA(San Fran/San Jose ideally).
Whether it be a Cultural Brunch & Learn, a Rocketberry Mini-Series showcasing some of our teams dynamic and hidden talents, or a weekly “coffee chat” to catch up with your fellow colleagues, we are finding creative ways to stay connected and engaged with each other during these challenging times.
Lastly along with our robust and competitive benefits package that we offer(above), we are excited to roll out two new benefits; a “remote work allowance” as well as a “remote office setup reimbursement”. These benefits will be effective immediately upon hire date geared towards ensuring that our employees are continuously set up for success while working remotely!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.
Read Full Job Description