Solutions Engineer at Shipwell
Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Work with Sales Organization on pre-sales and post-sales Solution Engineering
- Work with customers on technical solutions to meet customer requirements
- Work with Customers/Carriers to Setup and Configure EDI transactions
- Help customers resolve Saas related issues
- Work with both Customer Success and Implementation teams to support new and live customer needs.
- Consult with customers on building interfaces to Shipwell using the Shipwell API’s
What you need to have:
- 3-5+ years of professional work in Solution Engineering or Software Consulting
- B.S. degree or higher
- EDI in Transportation experience
- An understanding of REST web services (JSON)
- An understanding of SaaS technical architecture
- Technical skills: SQL, ability to use Postman to access API endpoints, data configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience demonstrating software to both technical and non-technical people
- Experience applying and developing technology solutions for processes and organizations
- A fresh and creative mindset with the ability to apply new technology to old processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A “can do” perspective on a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Technical skills in programming, application frameworks, and database management
What is Preferred:
- Transportation and Logistics industry experience
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.