Solutions Engineer at Scorpion
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:03 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 9, 2021
About the Solutions Engineer role:
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for gathering requirements during the technology evaluation stage of the sales and web development process. As the subject matter expert for our proprietary franchise systems, you’ll work with the sales and website development teams to advise on its technical capabilities and how it can be adapted to fit the client’s needs.
It’s your responsibility to explain the technical and functional aspects of the website solution and website systems to the client and work with the project team and developers to ensure the client’s business needs are met through our out-of-the-box systems or scoping out a custom solution.
If custom solutions are needed, you will work with the appropriate developers and product developers to create scopes of work, including communicating limitations and costs to the client. The scopes of work you provide will need to take into account resource availability, project timeline, and client budget.
This role aims to ensure that the system requirements for our client's websites are understood and requirements are documented and passed on to the appropriate teams to execute.
- Interact with product managers, customer experience teams, website project managers, and developers to achieve project success.
- Work with sales and the development team to answer technical questions in the RFP and sales scoping process.
- Uncover client’s technical needs for website systems, produce technical specifications, and other documentation to ensure the proper completion and adaptation of Scorpion’s franchise systems to the client’s.
- Prepare cost estimates and scopes of work by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, developers, and other team members.
- Identify areas where we can improve or modify our system solutions to resolve common business challenges & communicate those ideas to upper management.
- Fluently speak to Scorpion Franchise system capabilities and limitations to internal team members, our sales team, and clients.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, timelines, and required resources for specific projects or initiatives.
- Create, update, and maintain product/system documentation and user manuals.
- Escalate critical business risks on projects to management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the product development team to drive the needs of individual projects and larger product changes.
- Help train and educate other team members on the capabilities of our franchise systems.
- Treat each project you touch with the utmost importance!
- 3+ years in technical development, sales engineering, or solutions engineering.
- Experience in communicating with customers.
- Experience working with digital products and working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to comfortably translate complex engineering/product requirements into easy-to-understand communication, technical specifications, and scopes of work.
- Experience with the creation of products, systems, or technical documentation.
- Ability to communicate fluently and concisely to senior leaders, clients, and executives.
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities and work independently.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
- Strong work ethic—does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile.
- Maintain a solution-oriented mindset that accounts for the needs of all teams that interact with your product.
- Experience with responding to RFPs preferred but not required.
- While our project process follows Waterfall methodology, experience with Agile is a plus.
Read Full Job Description