ServiceNow Project Manager at AHEAD (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:49 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 23, 2022
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
AHEAD is committed to a community of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and all other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives here at AHEAD.
We are on this journey to ensure that all AHEADians feel that they can authentically show up and belong at work.
The Project Manager is responsible for management of assigned technical projects. The Project Manager executes day-to-day management of assigned project segments. In addition, the Project Manager manages the group of projects as a whole, providing a single point of knowledge and control for the aggregate effort.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Guiding various project teams and Client organizations on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight AHEADs Clients
- Guides assigned project team on how to get the most of out self-organization
- Guides assigned project teams on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assesses the Scrum maturity of the project team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the project team and Client organization
- Removes impediments and/or guides the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Builds a trusting environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitates getting work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Sponsor, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Perform analysis of utilization of resources for projects in execution and measuring for future resource allocation needs
- Establish and drive ongoing development and tracking of additional services revenue opportunities within the client’s environment
- Understands client needs and matches them to relevant services or products; manages client expectations
- Understands and communicates goals and critical success factors for the project; sells ideas persuasively and paces the communications properly (Communication).
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of technical projects from initiation through deliver
- Ensure service delivery success and Client satisfaction through effective project management
- Manage project initiation activities, which include the identification of contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situations, and necessary contacts. Gain access to existing information as needed
- Develop, define, and execute project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Identify needed resources for projects while defining and assigning major project roles
- Coordinate activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments, and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals, and ensures project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope
- Assign and monitor work of project team, providing technical and analytical support and direction
- Interface with clients on technical matters as needed
- Manage project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved
- Assist with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed
- Manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks as well as track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project
- Conduct project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation, and ongoing activities. This includes completing a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement
- Identify project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement. Recommends and implements solutions
- Utilize Ahead systems (Salesforce, financialforce, etc….) to maintain updated project information
- Strong ability to independently manage medium to high risk, high complexity, and high client visibility projects
- Knowledgeable of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Knowledgeable of industry project management best practices (i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge - PMBOK)
- Knowledgeable of the company's products and services
- Solid understanding of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation) and the correct project application
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management, and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience with data center infrastructure hardware and/or software
- Possess advanced skills in the use of project management software
- Demonstrate ability to manage project budgets and timelines
- Must be adept with the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Effectively facilitate interaction with executive level clients
- Able to consistently set clear expectations, manage team performance, and build high morale among team members
- Successfully maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.
More Information on AHEAD
AHEAD operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, Brentwood, TN and Atlanta, GA. AHEAD was founded in 2007. It has 1154 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 67 open jobs at AHEAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description