Senior Technical Scrum Master (Remote) at ArdentMC
Ardent is a software development firm, focused on high-value/ high-technology solutions for government projects and invites you to join our dynamic organization. Ardent offers competitive salaries, matching 401K, Liberal PTO and paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and a host of other benefits, creating a rewarding and fast-paced work environment.
Ardent is searching for a Senior Technical Scrum Master to join our team.
This is a remote role.
- Working in an Agile environment following Lean and SAFe Agile methodologies
- Managing requirements and creating user stories with input from the Project Manager, Technical Lead, Development Lead, and the customer as well as other teams within the contract
- Working in conjunction with the Project Manager, team leads, and customer to prioritize work for each sprint
- Ensuring the Project Manager stays informed of the status of the many ongoing activities and coordinating with teams to obtain needed information
- Acting as a servant leader and aiding with the resolution of blocking impediments
- Conducting outreach and coordination with stakeholders, and acting as liaison between stakeholders, Government and Contractor Management, and the team
- Identifying differences in understanding issues as they occur; working with the team to problem-solve or escalate to management if needed
- Coaching and mentoring the team in Agile values, principles, and practices
- Facilitating the Agile ceremonies, such as daily Scrum, planning, retrospectives, and reviews
- Coaching a continuous improvement mindset and recommend adjustments to established delivery practices
- Facilitating communication among the team
- Utilizing tools and reports, such as JIRA and Confluence, to collect, develop and analyze Agile data and metrics, managing progress daily
- Leads, builds, and coaches high performing teams in the delivery of technology-related products or projects, ensuring team actions are aligned with project and business goals.
- Leads planning, team learning, and adaptation of processes to ensure the quality of team solutions.
- Enables a continuous learning environment, identifying ways to strengthen the team's understanding of Agile/Scrum concepts and principles as they relate to technical capabilities.
- Builds and applies methodology that supports the integration of changing customer inputs and business conditions into technology-related product development.
- Recommends to the product owner and management in the definition and prioritization of technology-related outcomes. Identifies trade-offs between short and long-term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner.
- Ensures the application of agile frameworks to the development process to increase effectiveness of technology-related product development or architecture.
- Leads daily scrum meetings, iteration reviews, and maintains backlogs.
- Removes roadblocks to technology-related product development or architecture. Applies learnings to other development projects.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Scrum Master Certification strongly preferred.
- JAVA and cloud technologies
- Integrations with Automation, AI and ML technologies
- Reporting and Big Data tools
- Prior technical lead experience in cloud / Java projects are preferred
- Experience in managing large scale cloud/Java projects is required
- Provides Agile methodology services to cross-functional technology-related project(s) or teams, demonstrating technical expertise to improve productivity of teams and quality of work processes and outcomes.
Due to the nature of the work we support, all candidates in consideration for this role must be U.S. Citizens willing to undergo the government issued background investigation process.
In compliance with Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, able to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Ardent is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.