Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace fairness.
- Partner closely with engineering leads and product managers to drive technical projects, connecting the dots between high-level requirements and the day-to-day execution of work.
- Orchestrate the collaborative, dynamic planning process — prioritizing the work that needs doing against the capacity and capability of the team. Maintain project schedules and resource allocations while adapting to technological uncertainties, multiple dependencies and changing requirements.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the engineering team and ensure work progresses as planned. Provide regular updates on burn rate, team capacity and velocity.
- Analyze project risks and develop recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Communicate project status, risks, issues, decisions and action items to key stakeholders and internal teams within the organization.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to ensure epics and user stories are clearly defined, estimated, and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Manage change management process with product manager(s) and engineering leads.
- Act as the point of escalation for risks, issues, and obstacles, ensuring action items are clearly defined, assigned to owners, and driven to resolution in a timely manner. Make certain all team members are involved and engaged by ensuring clear decisions occur with the correct parties involved.
- Coordinate the creation of technical documentation.
- Partner with the marketing, product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Partner with leadership to develop, deploy and govern project management standards, best practices and project success measures.
- You have experience working as a technical project manager in an agile environment, successfully managing on-time delivery of software with high-performing, cross-functional teams.
- You have demonstrated expertise in best practices for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and are able to effectively communicate progress toward milestones, opportunities, and risks to all stakeholders — including the ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical terms.
- You are a rounded technical expert and understand various cloud technologies (GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), can work with Python/Go developers and are enthusiastic about system architecture, network protocols, security, design, testing and performance. You can evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers.
- You have high emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate through challenging situations and difficult conversations.
- You are an independent self-starter: You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility. You can troubleshoot issues in real-time and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You can lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- You are a strong executor: You know how to prioritize and you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind.
- You have excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- You have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- You have excellent collaborative skills and excel in conflict management and negotiation.
- You have the ability to influence, motivate and mobilize team members.
- You have mastery knowledge of project management processes, strategies and methods.
- You have the ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
- You are able to work on multiple tasks/projects at a time and move from one project to the next.
- You have effective presentation skills and can easily produce data-driven decks to support discussion at different levels of the company.
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product and the business. You will also identify the strengths and weaknesses of our current platform.
- Within 3 months, you’ll deeply understand the current processes of the engineering team and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Within 6 months, you’ll be keeping product and engineering leadership honest with data-backed insights about our actual progress and the yet-unmitigated risks we face in executing technical project plans.
- Check out our Employee Experience page for more information on our Mission & Values, Work-Life Balance, Pay Transparency, Diversity, Culture, and Benefits.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our base salary is targeted at $128,000 -$150,000 per year. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise.
- 💸 Additional Incentive. This role participates in our annual performance bonus as well.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to, plus paid sick & safe time, compassion leave, and voting leave.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Technical Project Manager position. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 45 minute zoom interview with the Hiring Manager
- Three video interviews with several team members (Engineering Managers, Software Engineer, & Product Manager) - 2.25 hours
- A take-home assignment / Document submission
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.