Senior Technical Project Manager at READY Robotics (Columbus, OH)
Want to help build a better world powered by automation? Want to join a creative, mission-driven team? At READY Robotics, we’re building Forge/OS, the next-generation industrial OS for robots and automation. Forge/OS empowers customers to take a software-first approach to automating the dirty and dangerous tasks involved in making the myriad of goods enjoyed by all of us every day. Our hardware-agnostic platform enables software applications to be deployed across robots from different vendors through a common set of APIs. These software applications in turn enable operators to program tasks and manage robot work cells with minimal training.
We seek a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Technical Project Manager. If you’re passionate about making an outsized impact on the world, then this is your opportunity to join a team of like-minded people on our mission to improve the quality of life for everyone by making automation more accessible and widely available.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will manage and lead the implementation of automation systems for our various enterprise clients globally.
READY acts as an internal automation team for many of our enterprise customers who are standardizing on READY’s Forge/OS. Many enterprises do not have the internal capabilities or expertise to develop and deploy automation in a systematic way. We help these enterprises to develop and scale enterprise wide business transformation initiatives.
You will work with a team of professionals in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to manage the deployment of automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry that you can imagine.
The ideal candidate is excited about manufacturing, robotics, is detail-oriented, and is motivated to ensure that READY Robotics delivers the best product possible.Your Core Responsibilities
- Lead the successful management of engineering projects and programs
- Develop the Technical Project Management team through leadership, mentoring and training of junior Project Managers and other staff
- Manage staffing and workload issues, including managing direct reports, indirect reports and overtime hours as they related to workload, budget and timing
- Ensure that automation equipment is designed and built to customer and READY build specifications
- Effectively manage external partners who are responsible for project deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 8 to 10 years serving as a project manager for equipment automation projects
- 8 to 10 years of experience utilizing various project management software
- Experience managing development projects with a budget of $100k to $2.5M
- PMP Certification
- 5+ years of program management experience leading a collection of related equipment automation projects
If you don’t check all the qualification boxes, and you deeply believe you can crush this role, please apply.Beneficial Qualifications that Help Make Your Application Standout
- Experience presenting to colleagues and company leadership
- Experience working with technical cross functional engineering teams
- Indirect leadership of engineers who have been assigned to your project teams
- Experience developing and managing a resource plan
- Experience creating standard documentation and processes to be used by engineering staff and company in general.
This role requires approximately 25% travel within the continental United States. International travel is highly likely.
Direct Applicants only. No recruiters please.