Senior Technical Program Manager at Intuit Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
We're a team of top-notch engineers, data scientists and product thinkers, and the Technical Program Management team is the glue that keeps all those interdisciplinary teams coordinated to ship a constant stream of new features into the hands of our more than 100 million members. Our TPM's make continuous improvements to team processes and programs and foster efficient collaboration across Product, Design, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Security, Legal, Analytics, Business Development, Marketing and anyone else needed to achieve a successful program.
What you’ll do:
- You'll provide leadership and coordination to Engineering programs that span multiple teams and departments.
- Ensure your program teams work together to create goals and timelines.
- Create detailed project plans with engineering and other teams to agree on deliverables, and deadlines.
- Increase collaboration and improve visibility into cross‐team dependencies.
- Communicate risk in projects early so that mitigation steps can be taken.
- Guide more efficiency across teams by identifying new processes or improvements to existing processes.
- Drive release planning and activities that span across multiple teams.
What’s great about the role:
- You'll have a visible impact on the success of the team. Our TPM's are always in the middle of the action.
- You'll be part of a tight-knit, supportive team of peers.
- You'll learn a lot. Credit Karma is building products and capabilities unlike anyone, and the TPM team is generating process improvements all the time to keep us moving at startup speed
- You will report to the Manager, Program Management and work on very visible programs.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working with Engineering teams in a technology company setting.
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in a technical or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent job experience
What we would love to see:
- You have start‐up or small company experience, and working in low structure environments.
- You have managed a project involving 3 or more teams and 20 or more individuals from conception to delivery.
- You have clear opinions on what Program Management is and how to structure a program in an environment that may not have a clear structure already.
- You are experienced with Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and scaled Agile principles and practices.
- Excel in fast‐paced and fluid environments.
- You'll be comfortable finding unique solutions, rather than assuming we are doing things right.
- You can interact with senior‐level leaders and day‐to‐day contacts alike.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)