Senior Technical Program Manager at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forwad
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
LivePerson’s Data, Models, and Decisions (DMD) team is operationalizing data and data science across the company. We see model-driven processes and workflows as a means to reduce uncertainty, reveal opportunity, and generate operational leverage that collectively create a new dimension of competitive advantage and lay the foundation for new revenue streams.
In this role, you will have a full overview of all projects that the DMD team is working on across science and engineering. You will leverage this knowledge to maximize our impact and ensure that we deliver against our goals. Further, you will be an evangelist of the DMD team and it’s projects inside the company, and always consider whether our projects can be turned into marketable products. Finally, you will be an agile coach, driving the agile mindset in the team and promoting agile principles across the company.
In this role you will:
- Map out a full project plan encapsulating our annual goals, including resource allocation
- Track progress against subgoals and raise potential shortfalls early, giving enough times to course correct
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders and the executive leadership.
- Keep track of ROI, project by project, and proactively suggest resource allocation adjustments and project prioritization to ensure that we maximize our impact
- Evangelize our projects/products inside the company, effectively interact with stakeholders, and communicate action items right away
- Define and track key metrics and key quality and performance indicators.
- Work with product managers on JIRA project and sprint planning as well as backlog grooming
- Be an Agile Coach and evangelize agile principles to product owners to drive business value and retain the project vision
- Educate team members on the basics of Agile tools, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Mentor ScrumMasters, who may eventually become coaches themselves, and support them in meeting preparation, including planning, daily Scrum, and retrospectives
- Cultivate an Agile mindset in all team members where problems are embraced as welcome opportunities to adapt
Your qualifications are:
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record as a technical product/program manager
- Proven track record of maintaining the RAG status of projects, coordinating project prioritization, and ROI analysis
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to operate autonomously across multiple teams to deliver tech programs or products
- Experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Experience in driving business alignment across multiple teams and stakeholders
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.