Senior Technical Program Manager at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role, the Technical Program Manager will be responsible for coordination, execution and delivery of complex technical programs that cut across different engineering units. You will be required to speak to senior ranking customers, understand problems and deadlines, and translate those into technical solutions for the internal product and engineering teams.
To be successful in this position, you must be highly motivated, execute under pressure and stay focused on the details. You will need strong communication skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask across several parallel efforts.
In this role you will:
- Drive cross-functional execution of program deliverables geared at productizing and scaling advances in Machine Learning and AI
- Understand dependencies and asynchronous workflows between various large-scale systems, and coordinate the delivery of innovative products and features in a complex landscape.
- Create development and delivery plans that inform overall product roadmaps.
- Track project status/ key performance indicators and write status reports for broad communication. Hold team members accountable, with a smile!
- Effectively conduct meetings, take quick notes and communicate action items right away
- Develop and advocate for new processes that promote team cohesion, throughput and creativity.
- Work with engineering and business owners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope.
Your qualifications are:
- A background and interest in Machine Learning or scientific research.
- Strong quantitative proficiency
- The ability to communicate effectively by demonstrating clarity of thought in writing & presentations to technical & non-technical audiences.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering techniques & best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Thinking big; we’re inventing a new industry and we need strategic thinkers to take us to the next level.
- BA/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of technical product/program management experience
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.