Senior Technical Program Manager at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy is growing and we are looking to expand our Autoship systems and services team with talented software engineers in multiple locations. If you are a Sr. Technical Program Manager and interested in building applications to solve real world operational problems that will be highly impactful and visible to leadership at Chewy, please apply! In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewy’s fastest growing revenue streams.
In this high impact role, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering large projects which span multiple organizations, while communicating status and unblocking stakeholders. This entails collaborating on product definition, owning roadmap planning across orgs, identifying interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems, providing escalation management and making tradeoffs, becoming a subject matter expert on the underlying technologies which power Chewy’s services, building highly efficient mechanisms and process improvements, and driving alignment at the senior leadership level.
About this Team:
Autoship is a service that Chewy offers to customers so that they can receive items that they purchase often, on an automatic shipment schedule. Our team’s mission is to make Autoship the most loved pet care subscription program. As the most convenient and simple-to-use subscription offering, Autoship helps pet parents easily address their pets’ needs so they can spend more time enjoying their relationships with their pets. Furthermore, Autoship customers are Chewy’s most developed and loyal customers, and the trust they place in Autoship to meet their needs drives long-term customer engagement with Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- Build consensus and alignment across different pillars of Chewy
- Lead critical projects based on new business goals
- Facilitate discussions to scope upcoming workstreams
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and continuously make sure your team is delivering according to the constantly growing needs of the business
- Work with engineering team to resolve bottlenecks to help deliver final system deliverables
- Review and report on progress for initiatives/projects, managing project risks - including the development of contingency plans
- Own the final system deliverables and the overall roadmap for your area of responsibility
- Analyze customer needs across teams and projects, identifying commonalities and working with engineers to build tools that meet these common needs and use cases
- Evangelize tools built across engineering organization to ensure all available users can take advantage of it
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management or Technical Project Management experience
- Technical savvy, including hands-on knowledge/skill of system integration, mobile applications and business intelligence
- Agile experience
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Management or Business Administration
- Position may require travel
- Previous experience with e-commerce program management
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence)
- Comfort working with large and complex data sets and presenting findings to senior leadership in a concise and actionable manner
- Strong analytical skills. Experience with Splunk a plus.
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]