Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
At Reddit, Technical Program Managers use technical judgement to define and drive large programs across multiple engineering teams. They are a welcome partner to engineering leaders in project discussions impacting planning and execution. They engage with engineering staff in determining root causes, identifying and selecting from alternative solutions, and use their technical expertise to understand the effects, impacts, and risks of a solution. They build execution processes and reduce inefficiencies.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to support our Trust (Safety, Security & Privacy) team. In this role, you’ll own and drive technical programs in the Trust space, many of which will require you to work cross functionally across multiple engineering teams at Reddit. You’ll partner with engineering leaders across the company to evaluate prioritization, tradeoffs and risks related to the programs you own. Our Trust organization entails both engineering and deploying controls to address the following; user (redditors and employees) safety, cybersecurity, SOX compliance, records management, and threat identification & takedown.
If you’re looking to positively and directly impact an already awesome company culture, along with evangelizing the TPM function at Reddit, we’d like to hear from you!
Key Focus areas and Responsibilities:
High quality technical program management is a distinct and high value skillset, and while the roles generally don’t involve direct management, they are a part of the organizational leadership. In this role, you will:
- Get Things Done. More than just displaying activity, counting sprint points, or delivering regular updates. You actually bring projects to completion and deliver real accomplishments for the business, and help your teams understand the difference.
- Dive into Details. You understand the details of their projects and help guide them with and in active partnership with their teams. You don’t just stay in the stratosphere or in an abstract process. You have the technical judgement to act as a partner with your teams in planning and decision making.
- Make Work Repeatable. You create and improve processes that smooth the path for others and prevent and remove recurring organizational toil (and the lower quality bar that often allows). You reuse processes developed elsewhere, and aid in adoption of standards where relevant.
- Mentor & Lead. You are good at, and enjoy, informally aiding others in developing key organizational and project skills. You’re a leader within your projects and support people in the process.
- Bring Order out of Chaos. You are known for leaving a program and the teams you support in a position of stronger organization than where they started, and those teams continue to succeed even when you are no longer specifically engaged in the project.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 8+ years of collective experience in engineering and program management roles
- Technical depth and judgement to engage in technical solution discussions with engineers and architects
- Experience with implementing new processes and technologies in the cybersecurity space including but not limited to; vulnerability & patch management, data loss prevention (DLP), systems hardening (network and endpoint), identity access management (IAM), and application security (AppSec),
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- A team player mentality with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solve problems
- Pragmatic; you take an iterative approach to developing processes and systems
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].