Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Opendoor’s TPM team drives the strategy and technical delivery for cross functional programs and company-wide objectives. We partner closely with our stakeholders to manage risk, dependencies, and accountability to ensure the success of our programs. We also accelerate operating rhythms for the broader Engineering organization through standardized best practices to optimize execution and output.
We’re looking for a talented Technical Program Manager to evolve our technology and operations platform to deliver delightful customer and operator experiences at scale. You will be embedded within the Transactions & Operations Platform team and partner with senior leadership across the organization in order to enable the new end-to-end individual and institutional transaction model.
- Define the technical roadmap to enable a next-gen real estate transaction-based model
- Create the migration plan to seamlessly migrate to new systems and deprecate legacy services
- Strategize and secure technical alignment across the various Engineering, Product, Operations, and Design teams
- Drive clarity and structure in ambiguous situations by asking the right questions and applying insights you’ve gained
- Lead quarterly and annual planning for the Transaction & Operations Platform team
- 5+ years as a TPM, engineering or product leader
- Experience working across multiple functions/ business units, influencing and collaborating with others to successfully drive programs
- Experience building technical roadmaps with a strong understanding of dependency management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with key stakeholders to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to work well with teams having different operating cadences
Bonus points if
- Experience building transactional platforms and services
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem-solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions - you can take a vague problem, frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish line
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple functions (Engineering, Product, Operations, Design) is critical
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $155,000 - $282,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description