Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit’s Infrastructure organization has the mission of building and delivering the compute orchestration environment, storage and data systems, and essential platform services behind all of Reddit. We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to support and develop our Foundation team in delivering a modern stack of core platform technologies to all of Reddit and it’s communities
You will help plan and execute with a deep understanding of the processes, policies, and trade-offs that an opinionated cloud infrastructure stack will require. You will collaborate with leaders and TPMs across the company to build the processes necessary to streamline execution and ensure alignment to our long term strategy.
If you’re looking to positively and directly impact an already awesome company culture, along with evangelizing the TPM function at Reddit, we’d like to hear from you!
Key Focus areas and Responsibilities:
High quality technical program management is a distinct and high value skillset, and while the roles generally don’t involve direct management, they are a part of the organizational leadership. In this role, you will…
- Get Things Done. More than just displaying activity, counting sprint points, or delivering regular updates. You actually bring projects to completion and deliver real accomplishments for the business, and help your teams understand the difference.
- Dive into Details. You understand the details of their projects and help guide them with and in active partnership with their teams. You don’t just stay in the stratosphere or in abstract process. You have the technical judgement to act as a partner with your teams in planning and decision making.
- Make Work Repeatable. You create and improve processes that smooth the path for others and prevent and remove recurring organizational toil (and the lower quality bar that often allows). You reuse processes developed elsewhere, and aid in adoption of standards where relevant.
- Mentor & Lead. You are good at, and enjoy, informally aiding others in developing key organizational and project skills. You’re a leader within your projects and support people in the process.
- Bring Order out of Chaos. You are known for leaving a program and the teams you support in a position of stronger organization than where they started, and those teams continue to succeed even when you are no longer specifically engaged in the project.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 8+ years of collective experience in engineering and program management roles
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- A team player mentality with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solve problems
- Pragmatic; you take an iterative approach to developing processes and systems
- Technical depth and judgement
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].