Senior Technical Program Manager (Firmware) at KeepTruckin
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) role within the KeepTruckin Hardware organization is a role intended for those individuals who are willing to take total ownership of firmware projects and drive them to a successful completion. The TPM will coordinate the contributions of a wide variety of internal and external software and firmware teams to deliver projects on time, on budget, and within specification. The TPM will aid individual groups in creating and tracking test plans and responding to product issues found during testing. As the product matures, the TPM will aid the go-to-market process, helping organizations prepare for the launch of the product.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare formal project plans including schedules and deliverables, including those from the firmware team and other teams as needed.
- Administer a formal review process to validate each development phase has completed successfully, and the product is ready for the next phase
- Monitor progress of projects and report status, plans, and issues to management
- Develop and implement strategies to minimize schedule and technical risk
- Help validate that test plans are complete and that testing is completed successfully.
- Respond to issues that develop during the project by coordinating resolution amongst multiple groups.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in the development and management of firmware projects.
- Experience should include project scheduling, resource allocation, task management, risk management and other basic Project Management functions.
- Experience managing projects that include multiple teams at multiple sites.
- Experience managing outsourced firmware or software projects.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.