Senior Technical Program Manager - Customer Platform at Nordstrom
Job DescriptionThe Nordstrom Customer Platform and Styling Engineering organization is reimagining traditional shopping by enabling and creating engaging and personalized digital styling experiences for Nordstrom customers. The Customer Platform team supports the enterprise customer operational platform which provides the foundation for delivering experiences for all Nordstrom customers that deliver on the customer promise that “Nordstrom Knows Me”. The team also is responsible for the customer account page experience, including sign-in / sign-up, account management, Wishlist and email preferences for both Nordstrom.com and NordstromRack.com. The newly formed Styling Experience team has an ambitious charter to create enterprise capabilities and engaging experiences to support the vision of helping customers look good and feel their best through offering more personalized and relevant content. The team supports the existing Nordstrom Trunks, Style Links, Style Boards and Outfit curation experiences and platforms.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to support the ambitious goals of this organization. In this role you will be responsible for delivering programs and systems that have the most complex requirements, highest risk, and broadest dependencies. You will work towards bringing program clarity, influence across organization and acts autonomously to define, own, and drive results.
A day in the life...
· Demonstrated working through ambiguity and ensuring solution meets the product vision and goals. Ability to deconstruct into actionable work items and delivered with quality and timeliness
· Manage programs impacting enterprise and possess track record of successful program delivery preferably in multiple areas
· Demonstrate track record of using data and defining KPIs to measure success from both a business and technology perspective
· Actively manage capability/program using data to drive decisions, lead change and progress within broader team
· Create valid estimates of effort to complete engineering work streams and understand the relationship between technology and business, and how technology enables core capabilities and business unlocks
· Possess proven track record for making programmatic recommendations within technology that enable the business to achieve goals
· Understand the relationship between technology and the business and how technology enables core capabilities and business unlocks
You own this if you have...
· A 4-year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
· 6 + years of Technical Program Management experience
· 6+ years demonstrated successful program delivery navigating through ambiguity
· Extensive experience managing stakeholder relationships
· VP-level communication and expertise practices in knowledge sharing
How we work…
·With others. We have remote collaboration tools where our teams work together collectively to build out technical solutions.
·With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don’t encourage silos.
·With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
·With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
·With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
Life Insurance and Disability
Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.