About the role
We're on the lookout for a Senior Technical Program Manager to focus on critical compliance work with Udemy's engineering, security, and data teams to drive the processes and solutions to meet compliance and regulatory requirements. This is a unique opportunity to have a major influence on managing the operations and tools that enable Udemy to improve lives through learning.
We're looking for an experienced program manager with an analytical mindset and strong communication skills who can drive and own projects to completion. You'll be a champion for the engineering and compliance teams, anticipating new requirements and ensuring that all teams have the support that they need to be successful.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Manage operations of time-bound and/or continuous programs including project scoping, schedule, risk mitigation plans and resource planning, working with engineers and managers, product managers, product designers, and key stakeholders across business functions
- Balance the delivery of large, high impact, highly cross-functional initiatives and a set of smaller projects
- Partner with business, product, design, and engineering leaders to develop program plans, including roadmaps, dependencies, and resourcing plans
- Communicate program status clearly and effectively to senior executives including the CTO, CEO, CFO and other senior leaders
- Communicate program status and management on the plans, status, and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner
- Continuously improve delivery and organization. Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with the teams. Lead post-launch analysis to guide future programs
- A strong focus on results and outcomes and ownership, not just processes. You have experience establishing processes that are appropriate, but don't view processes as a cure-all for delivery issues.
- Evaluate and refine tools and processes to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Working knowledge of SOX, ISO 27001, ISO27018, SOC2, PCI or other compliance frameworks
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical field
- A strong self-starter mindset with exceptional judgment
- A self-motivated and proactive work style that allows you to maintain high momentum and drive progress
- The ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and stay hyper organized when the going gets tough
- Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, drive actions, and measure success
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a technical program manager in software development organizations enabled by mature program management practices
- Demonstrated ability and experience in influencing, developing productive working relationships, and leading teams to successful product delivery
- Hands-on development/quality management/project management experience with Information Security and / or Application Security
- Data science or decision science experience
Candidates based in Colorado can find EPEWA information here . #LI-KE1 #LI-Remote
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice .