Senior Technical Program Manager, Ads at Reddit
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active uniques, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
At Reddit, Technical Program Managers use technical judgement to define and drive large programs across multiple engineering teams. They are a welcome partner to engineering & product leaders in project discussions impacting planning and execution. They engage with team members in determining root causes, identifying and selecting from alternative solutions, and use their technical expertise to understand the effects, impacts, and risks of a solution. They build execution processes and reduce inefficiencies.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to support our Ads team as its first TPM. In this role, you’ll own and drive technical programs in Reddit’s Ads Monetization space, many of which will require you to work cross functionally across multiple engineering teams at Reddit. You’ll partner with leaders across the company to evaluate prioritization, tradeoffs and risks related to the programs you own. Being the first TPM on Ads, you will own the core Ads roadmap execution program which is directly tied to the delivery of new Ads products & platform improvements. You will organize periodic updates to Ads stakeholders based on this program. You will also own the program that manages the Ads team’s interdependencies with other teams within Reddit.
If you are looking to positively & directly create impact against a world-class mission, along with evangelizing the TPM function at Reddit & adding to our awesome company culture, we’d like to hear from you!
Key Focus areas and Responsibilities:
High quality technical program management is a distinct and high value skillset, and while the roles generally don’t involve direct management, they are a part of the organizational leadership. In this role, you will:
- Get Things Done. More than just displaying activity, counting sprint points, or delivering regular updates. You actually bring projects to completion and deliver real accomplishments for the business, and help your teams understand the difference.
- Dive into Details. You understand the details of their projects and help guide them with and in active partnership with their teams. You don’t just stay in the stratosphere or in an abstract process. You have the technical judgement to act as a partner with your teams in planning and decision making.
- Make Work Repeatable. You create and improve processes that smooth the path for others and prevent/remove unnecessary organizational toil (and the lower quality bar that often allows). You reuse processes developed elsewhere, and aid in adoption of standards where relevant.
- Mentor & Lead. You are good at, and enjoy, informally aiding others in developing key organizational and project skills. You’re a leader within your projects and support people in the process.
- Bring Order out of Chaos. You are known for leaving a program and the teams you support in a position of stronger organization than where they started, and those teams continue to succeed even when you are no longer specifically engaged in the project.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years of collective experience in engineering and program management roles
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- A team player mentality with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solve problems
- Pragmatic; you take an iterative approach to developing processes and systems
- Technical depth and judgement
- Previous experience working with social consumer platforms or digital ads platforms is a plus
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].