Senior Technical Product Manager - Applied Economic Research for Operations (AERO) (Boston, MA)
Chewy's Supply Chain Team is seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager to join the growing Applied Economic Research for Operations (AERO) team in Boston, MA. The AERO team is in charge of driving improvements in supply chain strategy through quantitative economics, forecasting and scenarios analysis.
You will lead collaboration with business and technical teams of economists, data scientists and software engineers to deliver world-class solutions that are highly scalable and flexible. You will work with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and specify solutions for forecasting needs. You will ensure all stakeholders are aware of successes, risks and project status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences and communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences. You will also be responsible for managing all the required documentation related to forecasting and economic models.
In this role, you will be an integral part of a highly-autonomous team with the opportunity to directly influence feature roadmap, architecture and product adoption and scaling. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of AERO.
What You’ll Do:
- Product strategy and direction:
- Define requirements, develop business metrics to quantify impact.
- Continually assess the needs of our internal customers and partners in defining and evolving the products and business strategy.
- Gather inputs from stakeholders, customers, and product team to determine prioritization.
- Manage feature prioritization
- Work with Program management teams to troubleshoot user problems when product is in production
- Manage risk by bridging interdepartmental gaps
Roadmap Planning and adherence:
- Define a roadmap with a goal of delivering the maximum benefit to the customer and long-term company value.
- Deliver world-class innovation in features, usability and product performance in a consistent cadence of releases.
- Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle processes from concept to launch, driving value-based prioritization of product development initiatives to ensure maximum ROI.
- Develop comprehensive product plans incorporating customer needs, establishing the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals.
- Maintain the agile / sprint methodology for the developer teams
Requirements Definition and process engineering:
- Produce clear, concise documents (e.g., functional, technical specifications, PR/FAQs).
- Produce high-quality requirements documents and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
- Support the design of new data driven business processes, elaborate related process maps and assist with process orchestration.
Project management and communication:
- Own the business cadence and governance (weekly/monthly/quarterly business reviews) for area of responsibility
- Work with stakeholders to understand their problems and aggregates them into comprehensive use-cases.
- Communicate roadmap updates to stakeholders
- Support communication of research results and analyses
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Collaborate with project stakeholders in multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver on agreed upon milestones. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs
- Lead project management of the development and implementation of forecasting and economic models as well as process enhancements using industry standard PM tools
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience as a technical product manager or project lead.
- 4+ years of experience managing technical products or projects from design to release.
- 4+ years working with Agile or Scrum creating technology deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Design Thinking methodology.
- Experience with AWS (or similar) cloud / compute services.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Recent experience communicating and reporting up to Executive level leadership.
- Product Management Certificate
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]