GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is building the software to run population-scale clinical studies and future products using state of the art technologies and software engineering. We are looking for a Senior Software Program Manager to be responsible for ensuring the successful deployment of projects under development in the clinical and software engineering teams. This will include process development, establishment and management of timelines, tracking completion of software life cycle deliverables, facilitation of interdepartmental communication, meeting management, creation of slide sets and other communication tools.
A successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of process and system development. Hands on Project Management of multi-projects. Proven creative ability to move technology projects forward while addressing and overcoming challenges. It is important that this person have the ability to work across functions and incorporate broad viewpoints into the deliverables.
- Hands on Project Management of multi-projects. Document and deliver assigned projects on-time from inception through completion.
- Develop and maintain product development plans including key milestones and entry or exit criteria.
- Ensure you and the project team stay focused on critical tasks, tactfully pushing back on work outside of scope.
- Identify and manage project risks.
- Apply sound project management methodologies.
- Prepare and disseminate project status reports.
- Work cross-functionally to create shared solutions.
- Generate creative solutions to project processes and quality related challenges.
- Examine functional issues from a broader organizational perspective and provide solutions to issues and gaps.
- Participate in and/or drive departmental or interdepartmental projects.
- Schedule and conduct project meetings as required.
- Develop project metrics.
Your Background Should Include:
- 7+ years of experience managing large scale software projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or life science related field or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience across the software development life cycle using methodologies such as Agile, Scrum or similar.
- Experience developing clinical systems or production systems in the life science space, e.g. electronic data capture system, eTMF, IXRS or CTMS is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically across the organization.
- Proficiency with office automation and project management tools.
- Proven interpersonal communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate a team to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- A sound work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time.
- Knowledge of FDA Regulations, in particular, 21 CFR Part 11 and the Software Development Guidance documents is a plus.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.