Senior Scrum Master at Altruist
Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better, more accessible, and affordable. Our team is building a revolutionary platform that reduces barriers to entry into wealth creation and management for financial advisors and their clients. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people.
If you're passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you'll love what we're doing. At Altruist, you'll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Sr. Scrum Master to join our Engineering team. The Senior Scrum Master is responsible for running the scrum process, effectively and efficiently, on teams from planning to execution. Your role will include running Agile processes on a few teams and unblocking barriers to keep the team moving. The ideal candidate embodies Agile values and has demonstrated the ability to tailor the Scrum process to the needs of the team.
What You’ll Do
- Drive cross-functional teams to plan, execute and deliver on various mission critical projects
- Team building: coach and support continuous improvement within the team, where your developers will have a broad mix of software development skills. Create a team culture of self-organization
- Facilitate effective Scrum ceremonies (Release and Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives, Backlog Refinement and Daily Scrums)
- Coach team on Agile best practices and help them continuous improve
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to keep operations running at a high performance
- Maintain transparency into the team’s work and provide metrics on team activities
- Initiate and monitor the removal of impediments.
- Expertise in facilitating remote meetings and building Agile cultures in remote environments
- Help identify and mitigate any external dependency risks in development.
- Work with Product Owners to manage timelines, dependencies, risks and current state of long term initiatives
- Thrive in lean, dynamic environments with competing priorities and lead the team in identifying the right priorities and focus
- Assist with the implementation of Portfolio views across engineering teams
- Uses metrics to help team understand and improve their current process
- Maintain team data in Jira
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field, computer science preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Demonstrable expertise of Agile methodology and frameworks including Scrum and Kanban
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Expert coach on implementation of Scrum
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory and practices
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to predict the development teams’ needs
- Passionate commitment to delivering products on time
- Comfortable with presenting project readouts to Executive level audience
- Deep understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning
- Ability to understand and to represent both the business and technology
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Self-motivated, organized
Bonus Points For
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM, SAFe Scrum Master/SSM, PSM I)
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
What You’ll Get
At Altruist, you'll partner with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for radical change. You'll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the forefront of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a game-changing, growing company, you'll have a significant influence on how we deliver on our mission.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who's continually encouraged to grow and develop their expertise.
We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Constantly striving to better your craft and broaden your boundaries through consistent learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.