New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company concludes require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Our IT Organization is passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Technology has never been more relevant to the future of global health. We will advance, adapt, and evolve to meet this moment. Reimagining how we work and evolving our operating model will help us do just that. It is critical to continue driving value for our company, our customers, and our patients.
In our rapidly changing business, we will incorporate the modern ways of working into our IT Products and Services delivery to achieve our business outcomes and improve lives of our customers and patients. We have chosen to adopt more agile, customer-centric, and value-oriented behaviors in our work.
We are looking for a candidate with deep understanding of Agile principles, and with proven work history applying those principles in practice.
Scrum is not the only framework used in our company. A general understanding of common Agile frameworks in one or more areas is ideal (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS, etc.). If you have implemented different frameworks or used principles in designing your own way of working, we want to hear from you!
- Implement and coach of agile ways of working such as Scrum, Kanban, etc. at the team level
- Guide agile adoption through trainings and workshops about agile principles, various delivery frameworks, product management, and more.
- Facilitate the organizational transition to agile ways of working
- Coach both colleagues and teams on their agile journey
- Be a servant leader and help our software development teams become self-organized
- Help create and coach agile teams that may have little or no experience or training in agile or any of the delivery frameworks
- Help our product teams onboard the business into agile ways of working
- Contribute to transforming a project-centric culture into a product-oriented one
- Join a team of like-minded, passionate professionals in a flexible, global, multi-cultural environment
- Lead and coach other Scrum masters
- Work across teams, groups and organizations
- Be hands-on. Theory is great, but practice is necessary. You will be an active member of the team(s) you support by:
- Being a partner to the product manager and supporting them via coaching and demonstration of good practices and tools in order to maximize the value delivered
- Delivering products end-to-end through several releases using principles of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and quality automation
- Understanding an MVP and the build-measure-learn concept and principles
- Have hands-on change management and leadership experience, especially:
- understanding change management and modern approaches to change
- understanding different organizational structures and their specifics
- configuring up complex delivery setups (multiple products vs. multiple teams vs. multiple regions vs. multiple cultures)
- B.A./B.S. or international equivalent
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Product Owner certification or equivalent
- Active CSM certification, or equivalent
- At least 3 years managing scrum teams
- Fluency in English
- Active A-CSM or CSP certification, or equivalent
- At least five years managing scrum teams
- Has performed Agile scaling or certifications
- Has worked on Design sprint
- Design thinking experience
- Worked as a Product owner or certifications
- Worked in pharma or other regulated industry
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Remote Work, Telecommuting
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: