Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master at Curriculum Associates
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking an experienced Agile (Scrum) and project management professional to drive delivery of innovative digital lessons for a growing, socially minded education company committed to making classrooms better for teachers and students.
The successful candidate will lead complex projects for Digital Instruction teams building interactive math lessons for students grades K-8, ensuring the projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and with utmost quality. The role requires a proven track record of delivering projects using a hybrid of Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycles (SDLC).
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. The person hired for this role will hold the title of Senior Project Manager / Agile Lead as we want to be continually aware and mindful towards our stance as an anti-racist company and making sure our language and practices are aligned.
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates has been named for six years in a row to be one of the top places to work in Boston. Our Digital Instruction teams are a true representation of our company culture with professionalism, commitment, and fun embedded in our daily work. Your work will have a direct positive effect for children.
The impact you'll have:
- As Agile Lead, you will provide Scrum master services to a team of software and quality engineers, leading Scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- You will plan and lead digital content projects from concept/kickoff through delivery using Waterfall SDLC, leading cross-functional teams made up of product managers/producers, designers and editors.
- You will manage project scope, schedules, and budgets. You will manage dependencies both within teams and across teams.
- You will manage and drive to closure the risks and impediments facing your teams.
- You will assess project status using the appropriate Waterfall and Scrum metrics.
- You will communicate project status, including budget vs. actuals, to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You will manage vendor relationships, processing contracts and invoices.
- You will coach teams, evolving and improving Scrum and Waterfall SDLC processes, increasing team efficiency and velocity.
- You will collaborate with product managers to plan product roadmaps and establish project budgets.
Who we're looking for:
- You have extensive experience in managing complex software or content projects and experience in a Scrum Master role
- You have hands on experience with scope, schedule, cost, risk, resource, communications, procurement management of projects with teams of 12+ distributed members.
- You have a deep understanding and the ability to apply both the theoretical and practical aspects of Waterfall and Agile hybrid development methodologies.
- You have experience applying Agile tools, techniques, principles and values.
- You can manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- You can communicate clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely.
- You can establish collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and team members, and persuade by influence.
- You have experience leading your teams in continuous improvement.
- You have experience using JIRA to track and manage Agile development, as well as collaboration tools such as Confluence.
- You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in a computer science, information technology, or an equally technical discipline; or equivalent experience
Location: N. Billerica, MA or Remote and willing to work in the EST time zone
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.