Senior Project Manager at Motorola Solutions (Remote)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Upgrade Operations (UO) department specializes in performing software and hardware upgrades on live customer systems. The UO department focus is on minimizing the customer's downtime during software upgrades in order to optimize their upgrade experience during the moments that matter.
Manages the development and/or implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services. Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance. Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics. Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status. Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness. Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance. May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Leads large programs or portions of very complex programs. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of all nine areas of PMBOK project management and has expertise in two areas. Experienced in running project phases. Is able to oversee development of the complete project plan. Is able to establish, track, and audit project budgets, analyze variances and develop action plans as required.
- Represents the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role.
- A project manager is accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives within the stipulated time period and budget. Ensures that the three constraints (quality, cost and time) that face every project are properly managed.
- Involved in the management of project staff including project reporting, administration and communication.
- Responsible for project planning, setting deliverable dates, and tracking those deliverables.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Work with the Scheduling team and Engineering Management team to ensure resource availability and allocation. Those resources could be System Technologists, Field Service Organization resources, and/or Motorola Service Shop resources.
- Develop a project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage and communicate changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Successfully manage the relationships of all project resources.
- Identify and communicate defects, via the applicable process, that is found in build of material, part numbers, and software versions to appropriate product planners to solve quality and reliability issues that impact upgrades.
- Support and help drive project close-out tasks ensuring a successful project upgrade.
- Lead and drive efficiency by using the tools that help drive Project Management best practices.
- Look for ways to continuously improve Project Management efficiencies, and drive those efficiencies
- Aggressive/Creative problem solving skill; ability to get things done in a multi-organizational environment
- Participation in quarterly project reviews
- Must be able to travel to customer locations for on-site upgrades
- Strong knowledge of Motorola Solutions Astro 25 Public Safety systems
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Military communications, Civil construction OR IT Networks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Projects)
- PMP highly desired. PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- PM Masters Certificate a plus.
- Motorola Solutions Field System Integration experience a plus
- Understanding of two way radio infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
- Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
- Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- 5+ years of project/program management
- BA/BS degree required, from an accredited college or university
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Motorola Solutions and maintain compliance with these requirements.
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.