Senior Project Manager at OpenGov (Miami, FL)
| Miami, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:09 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 5, 2022
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,100+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Senior Project Manager role:
OpenGov seeks to expand its Project Management team with a highly-organized and self-motivated individual with a proven track record of complex problem solving, critical thinking, and successful delivery of implementation/deployment projects of enterprise-level software solutions in a SaaS environment.
To succeed in this role, this candidate will demonstrate exceptional ability to manage project scope (quality deliverables and customer experience), time (duration), and costs (effort), manage communications effectively with internal and external stakeholders, manage the solution development: deliver successful solution deployments in close partnership with cross-functional teams, while managing customer expectations: maintaining a seamless customer experience and overall satisfaction from the process and the results.
As an OpenGov Project Manager, you’ll enjoy challenging and innovative projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment where accountability and discipline are paramount. A successful candidate will bring experience in project management fundamentals, proven leadership capabilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong people management (direct and indirect reports), passion for the success of the customer, and a desire to bring innovative technology to the government sector.
Senior Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Set scope, timeline, and deliverables to ensure a successful deployment for multiple customers
• Provide leadership to deployment team members and customer resources
• Monitor project portfolio for risks and issues and take ownership of mitigation plans, as necessary
• Contribute to the ongoing development of project management and delivery methodology for OpenGov’s enterprise SaaS solutions
• Ability to manage a portfolio of about 10-15 complex and/or large-scale projects for tracking and delivery
• Be a primary point of contact for project implementation activity
• Establish command and control of project delivery both internally and externally
• Partner with cross-functional teams to gather key documentation and required resources in order to set appropriate expectations with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to innovate in a fluid & dynamic environment, while bringing best practices to help provide needed structure
• Strong ability to flex quickly to changing situations while relying on project management training and principles to ensure projects are under control
• Track and report on project progress, budget, and health
• Participate in the sales process as needed
• Support Statement of Work creation on an as-needed basis
Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of increasing project management responsibilities in a SaaS environment
• Proven experience with one or more ERP solutions, with an emphasis on standardized delivery methodology
• Occasionally travel to customer sites to conduct on-site workshops and solidify customer relationships (estimated 15-25%)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively with customer executives
• Ability to influence customer resources to stay on track with a project plan
• Exceptional written, oral communication, and critical thinking skills
• Proven experience effectively communicating and reporting at the executive level
• Experience using project management tools to plan and track large, complex projects
• Proven experience serving as a project lead and motivating teams to action
• Strong aptitude for technology tools and solutions
• Strong analytical thinking, strong system perspective, and diligent process analysis skills
• Strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, and ability to analyze details and translate them into the “big picture” view
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs
• Technical aptitude and proficiency with Professional Services and CRM tools
• Experience with government concepts and practices and/or solutions is a strong plus
• Strong knowledge and application of PMBOK, Agile principles
•PMP or other project management certification preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More Information on OpenGov
OpenGov operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Redwood City, CA. OpenGov was founded in 2022. It has 300 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 28 open jobs at OpenGov, click here.
Read Full Job Description