Senior Project Manager - USAFRICOM at SMX (Remote)
Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is seeking a Senior Project Manager for USAFRICOM C4ISR, to join the integrated program management office (PMO) in a leadership position supporting multiple contracts, task orders/projects and will serve as a liaison with the government points of contact as directed by the Task Order Program Manager (TOPM). The Senior PM will support the TOPM in the management and direction of the day-to-day operations of contract cost, schedule, and performance execution. The ideal candidate will provide leadership to the program team on staffing, training, administrative oversight, operations management, workforce management, budgets, sub-contracting, and property management. This is a remote position and requires periodic travel to customer-designated work sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates priorities and resources between multiple projects
- Allocates appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget
- Utilizes corporate QMS processes to track program/project schedule and cost
- Reports status develops program/project-related documentation, implements lessons learned and Updates and maintains production and quality metrics for assigned program and projects
- Supports the C5ISR Business Unit with business development activities to include new market capture opportunities and proposal development
- Identifies and supports the capture of additional workshare within current contracts
- Identifies and shapes prime and subcontract opportunities for Smartronix with customers in current and emerging markets
- Conducts operational planning, execution and evaluation of a multi-faceted program that requires collaboration with customers to identify new project opportunities
- Ensures that contract service, quality, and performance requirements are met and compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP) is maintained
- Advises the TOPM of any contractual issues that may result in Contracting Office action and of any anticipated or proposed adverse personnel actions
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Government’s program managers, Contracting Officers (CO), CO Representatives (COR), and Alternate CORs in support of the Program
- Works cooperatively with the TOPM in developing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures in accordance with contract parameters
- Works with human resources and talent acquisition to manage and oversee the recruitment, hiring, retention and development, training, and compensation of employees to assure compliance with contract requirements and HR policies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Required clearance: Top Secret
- Ability to pass investigation needed to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- In-depth knowledge of ISR operations, architecture, and sensor capabilities; Unit-level experience within an MQ-9 squadron preferred
- Demonstrable success in government contracting (DoD preferred) through prior work experience in a customer-facing role
- Previous experience in aviation systems/IT engineering, test and evaluation, and/or manned/unmanned ground/flight activities
- Experience in Theater-level Collection Management supporting Special Operations Force (SOF) missions, preferably within the USAFRICOM Area of Responsibility (AOR)
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and process improvement techniques and ability to direct improvement initiatives
- Budget management and execution experience and/or developing/evaluating technical proposals, including Budgetary Estimate (BE)/Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) pricing
- Business development and technical proposal writing skills
- 12+ years of management/supervision experience with five (5+) years directly supporting Geographic Combatant Commands (Special Operations experience preferred) to include Government or Contractor experience leading fixed, rotary or unmanned Intelligence, Reconnaissance and Surveillance (ISR) operations from austere environments
- Experience interacting with and briefing senior government and industry acquisition leaders on topics related to programmatic, technology, intelligence collection operations and financial status
- Experience with earned value management and Integrated Master Schedules
- Previous experience supporting Naval or other Service contracts leading complex development, production and/or support initiatives with technical objectives
- Previous experience with intelligence collection management, intelligence analysis, and/or Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination, preferably within the USAFRICOM AOR
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in aeronautical sciences (aviation management) engineering, physical science, computer science, information technology (technical track), business or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Current Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional, Program Management Professional (PgMP) or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III Program Management certification preferred
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Vaccination within 60-days of hire, or an approved accommodation, is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042 (unless precluded by State law). If a candidate is not vaccinated, they may request an accommodation once offered the position, and the accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. Candidate will have 60 days to get vaccinated.