Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master at Avtex (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:39 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 26, 2022
The Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master will have the opportunity to play the role as a Sr. Project Manager who is the customer focal point and responsible for management of system and solution implementations for Avtex customers, including, but not limited to the following: project planning, project management, relationship building and the successful project delivery of the customer approved statement of work on time, in scope and in budget. The role will primarily focus on Microsoft solution implementations, including MS Dynamics CRM (D365 CE) and MS Customer Insights.
A successful Senior Project Manager must be able to manage several concurrent projects, including large and complex projects, possibly with differing technical solutions and multiple workstreams, must be a self-starter and work with minimal direction. The Senior Project Manager must be able to work effectively with assigned project resources, resource managers, account executives, customer account managers, pre-sales engineers, and support, as well as internal finance and administrative teams.
This role will also have opportunities to fill a Scrum Master role in larger projects. In that role this position would report to a Project Manager, Avtex or Client, and be responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing the standard Scrum Ceremonies and be responsible for the management of Azure Dev Ops (ADO) to track the assigned project or project workstream’s user stories, backlog, sprint plan, reporting, etc. and conduct daily scrums, remove team blockers, communicate to project leadership, etc. This role may be used in projects following a Hybrid project implementation methodology or a more traditional Agile project implementation methodology.
- Effectively and successfully manage multiple large and medium sized projects with services component of varying sizes.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate at all levels of the client and Avtex organization.
- Demonstrate professionalism and leadership in representing Avtex.
- Establish and nurture productive and satisfactory relationships with customers, providing customer-focused and responsive support to their business needs.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the client for all project-related activities.
- Able to present, whiteboard and discuss the Avtex Project Implementation Methodology at a high level, diligently follow the process when performing project management tasks, and provide clear and constructive feedback for continuous improvement in the Implementation Methodology to Project Management Office Leadership.
- Create and manage a formal project plan, including: Project Timeline; Communication Plan; Work Plan / Task List; Training Plan; Test Plan; Resource Allocation Schedule; Project Change Management Plan and Risk Management Plan
- Manage the execution of all components of approved project plan, including coordination and management of all project deliverables and timeline; regular communication of project progress, including scope, schedule and cost; budget control and project cost reporting; test and training plans; documentation and approval of any changes to scope; timeline or cost via the project change management process; documentation and approval of completion of key project milestones and project acceptance; ongoing risk assessment and vendor coordination.
- Maintain internal system and process updates.
- Escalate project issues through the recommended escalation path.
- Be an active participant in organizational meetings, including but not limited to department meetings, business unit operational meetings, lessons learned sessions, etc.
- Train and mentor team members on the department processes and procedures and the Project Implementation Methodology.
- Contribute to Project Implementation Methodology templates and process, as assigned.
- Fulfill the role of a Scrum Master on designated projects, reporting to the Avtex Project Manager or Client Project Manager, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Project Management, or a related field. Commensurate experience or certification without a degree may be considered.
- PMP Certification (or active plan to achieve PMP Certification, preferred.
- CSM (Scrum Master Certification), Agile SAFe, PMI – ACP or another recognized Scrum Master Certification
- 5+ years project management experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Prior experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile, Scrum or Hybrid project delivery organization or department.
- 5+ years’ experience with deploying IT or business systems projects
- Experience managing or functioning as a Scrum Master on MS Dynamics CRM (D365 CE) or large MS Customer Insights projects.
- Experience deploying technical solutions in healthcare, preferably at provider or payer organizations, desired
- Experience working in a consulting services environment, preferably in a project management role.
- Previous experience with supervising others within a team lead role is preferred.
- Willingness to travel to business and customer locations, locally and/or nationally up to 50%.
Working at Avtex
At Avtex, we’ve worked hard to create a culture that promotes teamwork, creativity and an effective balance between work and the life outside of it. We are committed to attracting the best and brightest, retaining the best and brightest and building an enviable culture. In short, we want our employee experience to inspire people.
Do you want to be inspired in your workplace? We’re always looking for talented people to join our team!
More Information on Avtex
Avtex operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Bloomington, MN. Avtex was founded in 1972. It has 579 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 1 open jobs at Avtex, click here.
Read Full Job Description