Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Client facing project management role managing large scale implementations
- Manages multiple application development projects simultaneously
- Manages scope and schedule including managing change requests
- Manages financials and resources associated with the engagement
- Sets up recurring status meetings with the business, fields questions from the business, as well as handles issues that arise from business
- Updates project materials, completes project documentation, business flows, and lessons learned documents
- Speaks to details of the project to both the business and technical teams from beginning to end of all projects
- Manages cross-functional interdependencies
- Improves processes to optimize performance and value over time
- Provides risk management and issue/problem resolution as required
- Manages releases, aligns resources and desired client outcomes, and oversees planning and execution of work
- Works with Senior management to adequately represent engagement needs and resolves roadblocks
- Effectively works in a multi-vendor environment
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- 7+ years of IT Project Management experience
- 7+ years of working hands-on with all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle
- 7+ years of data gathering/analysis and writing system requirements
- 5+ years of client facing experience
- 5+ years of experience working with test plans and test cases
- 5+ years of experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) session
- 3+ years of Medicaid (MMIS), EDI, Government Healthcare Industry experience
- Ability to travel 25% to Helena, MT based on project needs
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Project
- Proficiency with MS Visio
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.