Senior Project Manager, GCP Data Engineering at SADA (Remote)
Join SADA as a Senior Project Manager!
As a Senior Project Manager at SADA, you will oversee the engagement between SADA and mid to large revenue clients in their transition to and support of Google Cloud deployments. Based on your skillset, you will perform multiple roles for your clients including Program Manager, Technical Project Manager, Scrum Master, or Scrum Product Owner. You will ensure that end-user requirements are met and manage resolutions to issues and risk mitigation plans. This role will require ongoing stakeholder management, as you’ll be responsible for the overall success of projects.
The ideal candidate will be communicative, energetic, creative, enthusiastic, intelligent, analytical, and eager to take on responsibility and learn new skills. SADA is a prime environment if you enjoy working in a fast-paced organization and participating in a creative, exciting, fun, and teamwork-oriented environment. SADA is exploding with growth and opportunity; we are looking for those who want to grow with SADA for the long term in a dynamic, service-oriented technical environment
Primary Duties Include:
- Responsible for the full, scoped engagement with client Google Cloud projects. This includes change management, deployment, and daily project management activities.
- Written and verbal communications with stakeholders (both SADA and client) at all organizational levels - C-level through cubicle-level.
- Work collaboratively with peers and leadership in the PMO for status updates, issues, risks, decisions, and change requests.
- Take on P&L responsibility for projects - to ensure scope is managed, change orders are tracked, quoted, and approved, and that the client is satisfied and informed at all times.
- Effectively manage multiple projects at a time, whether for a single or multiple clients.
- Lead and motivate project teams and oversee engineers & architects across many different disciplines such as Infrastructure Modernization, Data Engineering, Application Development, etc.
- Work with sales team members to understand project requirements and clarify conceptual needs for migrations as needed.
- Manage client expectations and provide exceptional delivery of critical systems.
- Assist in the development of detailed project specifications.
- Be a change agent - help SADA evolve the PMO Center of Excellence and make lasting, effective change to the entire delivery organization.
- Participate in pre-sales operations such as RFP and SOW reviews.
Pathway to Success
#BeOneStepAhead: Be prepared, work with intentional effort and offer no surprises for our clients and teammates.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast-growing practice with vision and passion. You will be measured quarterly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the individual contributor or management growth tracks.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touch points occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Onboarding/Training - The first several weeks of onboarding are dedicated to learning and will encompass learning materials/assignments and compliance training, as well as meetings with relevant individuals. Details of the timeline are shared closer to the start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in managing Data Engineering and Analytics (EDW, ETL/ELT, OLAP/OLTP systems, etc..) and/or Machine Learning projects.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in designing data processing systems, building and operationalizing data, and operationalizing machine learning models.
- Experience managing a cross-functional team of data and infra engineers.
- Experience with Cloud Data Technologies
- GCP: GCS, PubSub, Dataflow, DataProc, DLP, BigQuery, BigTable, AutoML, TensorFlow
- AWS: S3, Redshift, ElasticSearch, QuickSight, Athena, Lake Formation
- Strong problem solving and analytical/reasoning skills
- Iron-clad organizational skills
- Positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt
- Adept with work management products like Jira & Smartsheets
- Proficient at facilitating the agile scrum ceremonies and managing a product backlog.
- A love for cloud computing
- IT consulting experience.
- Project management certifications.
- Experience delivering and managing GCP and/or other public cloud projects.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
- Business systems analysis certification or experience.
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make Them Rave
- Be Data Driven
- Think One Step Ahead
- Drive Purposeful Impact
- Do The Right Thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.