We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a Senior Program Manager to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. We drive cross-functional alignment, create process efficiency, and deliver large-scale strategic initiatives.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing key operational programs that drive efficient execution across our Product, Engineering & Design (PED) organization. You will also lead change by identifying and implementing process improvements, embedding new tools & frameworks, and championing consistent best practices through clear communication & training. As a ‘Product-led’ organization, our cross-functional partners greatly depend on the success of these initiatives and their outcomes have a high-level of visibility across senior leaders in the business.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Lead large scale operational programs that are highly complex & cross functional in support of the Product, Eng, Design (PED) Orgs at Coinbase.
- Own headcount & OPEX planning end-to-end for a PED organization in hypergrowth. This includes but not limited to owning the planning schedules, thorough preparation of process guidance, maintaining data accuracy in our systems, and developing strong working partnerships with key stakeholder teams such as FP&A, PeopleOps & IT/ Enterprise Applications
- Directly support the Office of the Chief Product Officer (CPO) and SVP of Engineering on key operational processes and help to steer each planning cycle through internal Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) & OKR setting
- Mentor and direct junior team members in support of your initiatives
- Manage the intake process & dependency coordination for support requests from cross-functional teams to the PED Org.
- Identify process & tooling optimizations to enable our process to scale with reliability
- Ensure clear communication of all operational processes including the creation of training, support materials, FAQs, wikis & presentation decks
- Be the champion for operational excellence in the product org and proactively deliver strategic recommendations that enables us to become ‘Best-In-Class’
- Collaborate with key partners and senior PED leaders to understand process pain-points and drive toward impactful solutions
- Establish strong working relationships with cross-functional teams & partners to ensure there is alignment and ongoing support of your programs
- Drive accountability across your deliverables across the business, in support of your programs.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 6+ years operations for product & engineering teams, or large scale program management
- Familiarity with planning exercises in product/tech orgs, working with teams across FP&A/Finance, PeopleOps and I.T.
- Proven track record of handling complex initiatives across a variety of cross-functional teams
- Experience leading process improvements and inspiring change in complex environments
- Experience coaching & mentoring junior ICs or a willingness to step-up as a senior IC/Manager
- Solutions oriented with a curious & analytical mentality
- Can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into clear impactful plans
- Excellent communicator - can influence a wide range of partners, facilitate training to large groups, and is comfortable presenting to senior leaders
- Able to lead change and be a champion for operational excellence & process rigour
- Experience working at a tech company or has a track record of quickly ramping up on complex projects / environments.
- Able to handle multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
Nice to haves
- Experience working in FP&A teams or as a Chief of Staff to VPs+
- People Management experience
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management
- Experience working with Workday, Looker, Coda and Greenhouse
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $161,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.