As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager, Product Operations to build a foundation for excellence by reinforcing product strategy with metrics, infrastructure, business processes, best practices, budgeting, and reporting.
In this role you will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders/partners across diverse roles and levels, and work closely with Product Management to build and maintain a process that is oriented around committed timelines and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information.
What your day could consist of:
- Maintain the team's focus on the strategy set by product leaders and drive accountability for goal oriented results
- Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Identify risks, perform risk analysis, effectively manage risks; proactively raise scheduling tradeoff decisions, escalating and identifying alternate options as appropriate
- Communicate with management, developers, product managers, product owners and support specialists on product issues; improve inter-team communications
- Establish mechanisms to measure and track program metrics, and execute improvements to the approach based on those measurements
- Manage strategic cross-functional programs that include, but are not limited to, the following lifecycle activities: product requirements, product build, training, legal, marketing, commercialization/go-to-market activities, and customer communication
- Provide regular status reporting, product roadmap updates, supporting the change management process, assist with quarterly and annual planning
What is needed:
- Product and or Program Management, specifically with change management methodologies and tools
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning strategy and roadmap - gaining buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, prioritization, trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation customer support.
- Strong verbal communication and ability to write compelling narratives
- Ability to be a systems thinker, attention to quality, and relationship and team building. Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics Ability to recognize, communicate and solve interdepartmental workflow issues
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.