Senior Program Manager, Monetization Strategy and Business Operations at Atlassian
Atlassian is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead and deliver highly complex, cross-functional Pricing and Packaging programs that span our global customer base and will be a key driver of the company's long-term growth.
As a key member of the Monetization Strategy & Business Operations Team, our Senior Program Manager will be working to set the company's overall monetization strategy, will work cross-functionally to bring the strategy to life, will flush out important company-level decisions, and will influence executive stakeholders. Well versed in agile program management, he/she must establish a shared understanding, and program roles and accountabilities. They will then go about establishing appropriate frameworks involving multiple work streams, and operating rhythms - including program roadmaps, collaboration mechanisms, and risk management.
Sound exciting to you? Then you might be the person we're looking for.
More about the role:
Monetization strategy will be a key determinant of Atlassian's long-term growth. Given our multi-product portfolio (that's constantly growing), the Monetization Strategy & Business Operations Team works to recommend / implement numerous pricing and packaging recommendations.
As a critical member of that team, you will understand the 'why' behind strategic plans and drive teams to execute on them. You will guide reporting mechanisms, craft communications for various audiences (including executives), set processes for cross team projects, and/or jump into a team to help connect and unblock teams.
To be successful in this role, you will build strong partnerships with the GTM, Product, Finance, and IT leaders. You will engage with many cross-functional teams (with many varying perspectives!) and keep them aligned to satisfy the strategic plan. You will need to deeply understand Atlassian's priorities, and relate them to company level business goals. You're the center of team spirit, and you craft and implement pathways to up-level the teams working toward a common strategy.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who thrives in making order out of ambiguity. Alongside leaders and colleagues, you will develop and apply practices, plays, enabling autonomous, empowered, and motivated teams.
More about you:
- A passion for running complex cross-functional programs in a fast paced environment with many moving parts
- Demonstrated excellence in working with leadership teams, and have the ability to influence and challenge leadership peers in working through complex organizational problems and priorities
- You think creatively and present strategic vision for operating excellence.
- You're a coach, a facilitator and a multiplier, passionate about working with a range of stakeholders across the organization, with a focus on teamwork and how we can work better together.
- Proven experience and demonstrated success as a Program Manager, running large scale initiatives within globally distributed teams.
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises, and help set priorities appropriately across the business
- A track record of setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery
- An ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- Experience in diagnosing problems for teams, moving them to good and going above and beyond to ensure they are great
- Comfort with change and ambiguity, and creative thinking to adapt
- Successful history of closing loops and delighting customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills adjusted for different audiences
- Experience driving pricing / packaging changes at a high performing tech company
- Knowledge and experience using the Atlassian product suite
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
It's great, but not required if you have:
More about the Strategy & Business Operations team
The Strategy & Business Operations team is a talented and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds stemming from technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving strategy and growth through monetization, pricing/packaging, and other go-to-market initiatives, as well as leading the ongoing business operations that support this growth. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We embed work closely with leadership across multiple other functions including marketing, analytics, finance, sales, product, and more to support the company's continued growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.