Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Confluence transforms how teams everywhere work by getting everyone on the same page. As a Senior Program Manager on the Confluence team, you will directly impact this mission by partnering closely with our leadership teams to bring our strategies to life - driving and executing on key top priority programs that span multiple teams.
As an experienced Program Manager on the Confluence team, you are someone who thrives in making order out of chaos. You can take new strategic plans and work towards executing on them. You will drive completion of cross-organization, top company priority projects, and communicate effectively with R&D teams internal to Confluence and external throughout the rest of the company. To be successful in this role you will be able to dive deep into the technical details across every aspect of the relevant Confluence programs in order to anticipate blockers before they happen. You will need to deeply understand Confluence's priorities, relate them to company level business goals. You are a center of team spirit, and you craft and implement pathways to up-level the team.
Confluence’s success is instrumental for Atlassian to hit its business goals and OKRs and you will have a direct hand in this. Does this sound exciting to you? Then you might be the person we're looking for.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work across R&D teams for a smooth execution of our strategy.
- Lead our teams to plan, set goals, execute, and learn
- Run complex, strategic projects (ranging from technical delivery and analytical deep dives to operational efficiencies)
- Design and take charge of meaningful dashboards and readouts for key executives
- Champion and cultivate cross-team relationships to organize and manage dependencies
- Coordinate work “on the team” such as team health exercises, decision-making plays, and org size/shape assessment. Lead strategic off-sites and associated planning rituals
- You are an excellent collaborator and communicator that can expertly inspire change across teams
- You thrive in ambiguous, complex, challenging and/or changing environments
- You have the ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- You are a self-starter who can run on your own while keeping others in the know
- You are attentive to detail and meticulously organized
- You are able to effectively and collaboratively identify and synchronize project interdependencies across multiple teams, and navigate risks and change along the way.
- You’re a coach, a facilitator and a multiplier, passionate about software product teams, with a focus on teamwork and how we can work better together
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience working with product, engineering, design and related functions
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Have experience in diagnosing pain points for teams, moving them to 'good', and committing to ensuring they get to 'great'
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working on programs with web and mobile applications, microservices and relational and non-relational databases
- Experience working with remote, global, and cross-functional teams and matrix organizations, and an understanding of SaaS business models and enterprise sales
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays), and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.