Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase's Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to create an effortless experience. Our subteam, CX Advocacy, bridges the gap between Coinbase's support and product functions on behalf of both internal and external customers. We are looking for an efficient and organized senior program manager to dive deep and help us overhaul our approach to preparing Coinbase Customer Support for new asset listings.
You have extensive experience leading complex, cross-functional initiatives and getting the most out of project teams to hit project goals and deadlines. You also have a critical mind, a deep desire to continuously improve processes, and an obsession with communicating widely and often to bring partners along and keep them informed at every step of the journey. People describe you as an analytical and influential critical problem solver, efficient executor, and exceptional communicator.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Owner of a dedicated asset listings program within CX. You’ll help shape KPIs and build this function from the ground up.
- Manage a cross-functional project team comprised of participants from our CX Analytics, Content, Learning and Development, Quality Assurance, Operations, and Technology functions. Together with this team, you will be responsible for successfully preparing Coinbase Customer Support to respond to customer inquiries about new assets listed on our cryptocurrency exchange.
- Serve as a single CX point of contact for Coinbase teams responsible for adding new assets: product, engineering, business development, sales, and so on. Your job is to provide calm, clarity, and predictability to what is currently a disjointed process.
- Establish and track key metrics that define what a successful asset listing looks like for CX. Report regularly on these metrics to senior leadership - and then find ways to continuously improve upon them.
- Turn a critical eye towards process improvement and look for ways to make asset additions smoother, more efficient, and above all, more customer focused.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Expertise in blockchain technology and a deep understanding of cryptocurrencies.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a role that required leading multiple projects at the same time, while delivering on project goals in a timely and predictable manner.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and influence colleagues inside and outside of your immediate team.
- Phenomenal communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments and partners.
- Collaborative but by no means a push over - you work towards yes while being able to clearly articulate when something is a dealbreaker and standing firm until resolved. If something isn’t working, you call it out right away and look for creative solutions.
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- You want more than anything else to improve the customer experience for users of Coinbase's crypto products.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with various project management philosophies and methodologies and an understanding of which is best suited to the task at hand
- Advanced knowledge of Jira
- Project or program management certification
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.