Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Trust & Safety team seeks to deliver a trustworthy and safe work marketplace that sparks a global movement to reimagine work. Upwork is looking for a Senior Product Manager to embed trust throughout the customer journey.
You will develop nuanced insights into the behavioral drivers of and threats to marketplace integrity on Upwork. You will translate those insights into a design-heavy roadmap that drives customer behaviors enabling a healthy marketplace based on meaningful relationships between talent and clients. You will design behavioral solutions and user experiences that prevent nefarious behavior before it occurs, striving to deliver positive outcomes for all of our customers.Your Responsibilities:
- Build in-product education and “nudges” that reduce trust and safety violations, starting with circumvention
- Craft a prioritized roadmap of opportunities to drive trust through prevention from zero to one
- Collaborate with partners in design, engineering, marketing, research, sales, legal, and analytics to execute against that roadmap, rigorously testing hypotheses and iterating as you learn
- Deliver measurable results that show concrete progress towards a more trustworthy work marketplace
- Product management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise influencing user behavior through passive cues
- Ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to frame problems and develop solutions
- Commitment to both Upwork’s social impact and business growth
- Ability to get things done and drive a supernatural amount of impact within a cross-functional team
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving goals and priorities
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.