Senior Privacy Program Manager at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As part of the Compliance Programs team, you will help to create a central global function with a focus on developing a best in class compliance program, which will support all regional and core compliance team functions. This team is responsible for compliance risk management through a combination of development, assessment and oversight of key compliance programs throughout Circle.
As a key member of the second line of defense, you will be responsible for the development and execution of a risk-based privacy program to help ensure Circle’s compliance with applicable privacy laws, regulations, policies and procedures. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with teams across the company, including legal, policy, security, engineering, and business owners to help ensure that our policies and procedures comply with relevant privacy laws and regulations, as well as developing metrics to track, demonstrate, and expand compliant data use.
We are looking for a passionate privacy advocate who is excited at the opportunity to help define our approach to privacy, can deep dive into complex technical and process dependencies, develop innovative solutions and lead efforts to create global scalable programs that effectively and efficiently ensure privacy by design.
What you'll work on:
- Lead the design and implementation of a risk-based privacy program.
- Perform regular privacy risk assessments, identify key privacy risks, and develop related controls.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope, which includes defining the roadmap and long-term strategy for the program.
- Create mechanisms for identifying and monitoring updates, milestones and roadblocks on privacy work and ensuring leadership is aware of status and progress.
- Define and track key metrics and key quality and performance indicators and drive cross functional execution of program deliverables.
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders, including Board and other governance committee level reporting.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop a Privacy by Design methodology to support the development of new products and services and privacy initiatives.
- Development of a global privacy training program, including the design and delivery of content.
- Develop, maintain and review policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal and regulatory standards.
- Identifying regulatory challenges and changes relating to Circle’s products and services to ensure these are addressed/implemented in good time.
- Work with cross functional teams on identified issues that relate to privacy and ensure that the issues are timely resolved and that the root cause of the issues is appropriately identified.
- Interface with relevant regulators and other external stakeholders in explaining our privacy program and ensure responsiveness to any regulatory engagements.
- Provide guidance to key business partners on privacy best practices and requirements.
- Partner with program owners, subject matter experts and all relevant stakeholders to understand requirements (e.g. laws, regulations, guidelines, policies) of compliance, enterprise programs and products.
- Document test results, and reporting metrics in GRC Tool and/or central repository.
- Collaborate with the business to strengthen compliance maturity for programs and products.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years relevant experience in privacy or related compliance, legal, or risk discipline.
- Thoughtful problem solver that is comfortable working with the leading global regulations to find innovative solutions to complex privacy problems in the emerging digital currency space.
- Detailed knowledge of global data protection laws, standards and associated frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR)
- Prior hands-on experience leading a large-scale privacy program.
- Compliance experience in either banking, consulting, technical program management or cryptocurrency required. Experience in Fintech preferred.
- Strong communication, planning and project management skills.
- Establishes trust and collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders and team members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data and apply effective data management practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote